Interior monitoring, B/C post version. Connector photo? by Duncan

Duncan
I'm in the process of adding the interior monitoring module, the one that goes above the B/C post not the central one. The workshop manual tells me the pin numbers for the connections, but the numbers aren't marked on the module itself, so it's a 50/50 which one is pin one.

So, does anyone have one of these, that they could unclip and take a photo with the connector plugged in so I can see which wire goes where, please? There will be two black wires at one end, two pink with another colour the other. So long as I can tell which end they are, it will be enough.

Thanks in advance!

Posted 27 May 2013, 16:11 #1 

takestock
Front of the car is to the left of the picture Duncan :)

The sensor has not been twisted, just pulled straight down :)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... ff4d94.jpg
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 May 2013, 16:26 #2 

Duncan
Thanks Dave. Photograph is brilliant and makes sense.

Unfortunately, it means the information in the workshop manual is wrong, and I just wired it wrong because of that. From left to right there is KY, KG, B and K. In the manual it says KY KG B B. So I wired the right two together, both B. Next question, where does that pink wire go????

EDIT: on an early workshop manual, the two end pins are both KY (pink yellow). Is there a yellow trace on that wire that looks plain pink on the photo? If so I wonder if there's a change at some point? Time to consult Rimmers....

Posted 27 May 2013, 17:16 #3 

Duncan
Well according to Rimmers, the only variants of the B/C post sensor are the sandstone / smokestone version. So maybe the later manual is showing connections for the centrally mounted version? Who knows? I do know a rewire is in order!

Posted 27 May 2013, 17:25 #4 

takestock
There is indeed a yellow trace on the rearmost pink wire as well :) Unfortunately, it is all wrapped together as it disappears into the roof lining and no, I ain't taking it out at this time :D :D :D.
Seriously, I don't mind pulling the A pillar covers if it helps Duncan, just let me know :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 May 2013, 17:41 #5 

Duncan
Thanks Dave. If it's pink yellow, then I will believe the earlier version of the workshop manual, as that's what it says. Your assistance has been, as usual, brilliant.

Posted 27 May 2013, 17:52 #6