Inter bank Fuel pipe o-ring by Zaphod

Zaphod
Hi I have a need to aquire some of these, as I damaged one while I had my manifolds off to fit the LPG (Liquified Petroleum Gas) injetors, fortunatly I did get it back together by stretching a smaller, but fatter o-ring on the pipe, but this will not last forever.
Just to clarify, the O-Ring I need is the one that sits on the metal fuel pipe that connected the front banks fuel rail to the rear banks fuel rail. I seem to have lost the one I damaged and am loath to remove the other one! so I am trying to find the size, once I have that I can probbably obtain many for 50p!

Posted 02 Jul 2013, 13:17 #1 

Duncan
It's not something many people will have one around. You could try Rimmers, though it will be considerably more than 50p.

Posted 02 Jul 2013, 19:58 #2 

Zaphod
It is somthing that is around, if you have access to suppliers of such things, and 50p gets you about 50 of them!! if you know what size it is that is! Rimmers don't have them just the whole fuel rail at silly money

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 07:39 #3 

Bernard
I did manage to get some years ago but only from a redundant fuel rail. There was no part number for the rings.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 07:39 #4 

Zaphod
Indeed, it seems to have never been avialable as a seperate peice from rover or subsequently. Its not a size that is common, but I do know where I can get them if I can tell them what size the thing is! pretty sure it's 1.75mm width, just need the inner diameter

Posted 03 Jul 2013, 07:42 #5 

Bolin
I got replacements from Terry at TS Autos - he will sell you 2 to put on in place of the original one. Fit fine and no leaks.

The 'correct' fix is a new fuel rail at over £400!

Posted 05 Jul 2013, 14:41 #6