Injectors possibly? by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Well after the miles I have done it had to happen.
On starting from cold first thing I get uneven running, a rattle sound and lots of smoke.
After a few hundred yards or some welly on drive, cough, cough it will run fine all day no smoking, but does slightly hesitate, bit rough running, on tick-over at lights.

MPG has dropped very slightly to low 40's MPG not bad for an Auto with high (200k) mileage,
shes not using any oil, MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) OK, EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) bypassed, regular services and oil changes (Mobil 1 Diesel),
PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) changed.

I had two Injectors changed last year as were leaking on a leak-back test and T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) measurements, thinking the other two may be on their way out or about to go?

Any other suggestions before I raid someones piggy bank?
Any help comments greatly received. :)

Car has a Custom remap, also a Synergy box, listed Mods, Air Intake mod, BMC Air filter etc.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 21:10 #1 

JohnDotCom
Bump as expensive to change if something else?
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Apr 2011, 20:28 #2 

podge
John, if you have to get the injectors reconditioned,try this guy.He works from home and has a state of the art set up.It was he who saved me a fortune when I first bought the 75.Very nice guy who knows his stuff.
http://www.lynxdiesels.com/index.html

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 15:50 #3 

JohnDotCom
Thanks Pete.

Have also been told to check my Pre Heaters.
John

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 15:52 #4 

Duncan
Unlikely to be the glowplugs in this weather as they will even start when the plugs are not working.

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:51 #5 

JohnDotCom
Thanks Duncan.
John

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 19:56 #6 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Unlikely to be the glowplugs in this weather as they will even start when the plugs are not working.

Even in the coldest weather I just turn the key and she fires up - virtually no time in which the preheaters would have any effect. In addition, my car is not far behind yours John in the mileage stakes.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 06:31 #7 

hodgy
I would suggest a good dose of injector cleaner. Unipart have their own branded one, which I find to be very good. £4 to £5
Best Regards

Alan

Posted 21 Aug 2011, 13:41 #8