In Tank Pump Seal Replacement - SORTED by MrB (Page 1 of 2)

MrB
My tale of woe continues.

Filled it up for the first time today to take us on our holidays - the seal on the in tank pump has gone.

Diesel all over the floor.

Can anyone get me the part number as I can't find it on the Rimmer's site.

We will be on holiday in Northumberland - any of you guys up there know where I could get one locally while I am up your way??

Would like to get it sorted as soon as I have burned/lost enough fuel to replace it.

Am really not in a happy place right now.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 09:23 #1 

Last edited by MrB on 12 Aug 2010, 15:34, edited 4 times in total.

JohnDotCom
Check with Rimmers first (as more than one depending on Serial number and age of car)
but I think yours will be
Part No: ESR3806A Seal-fuel pump unit tank £5.74 + VAT

There is also Part No: WFG100111 Ring-retaining-fuel tank x2 £1.30 + VAT Each
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 09:39 #2 

MrB
JohnDotCom wrote:Check with Rimmers first (as more than one depending on Serial number and age of car)
but I think yours will be
Part No: ESR3806A Seal-fuel pump unit tank £5.74 + VAT

There is also Part No: WFG100111 Ring-retaining-fuel tank x2 £1.30 + VAT Each

Local Land Rover dealer has the seal - it is WGQ500020 on a Landie. Do I have to replace WFG100111 at same time?

Sorry to ask so many questions

Chris

EDIT - found out don't need to replace the ring, just the seal.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 10:07 #3 

Last edited by MrB on 30 Jul 2010, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.

DeuxGazoles
Where abouts are you Chris? if you can't get sorted try Lion Garage in Bedlington or there's one or two other places dotted about but depends where you are ;)
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 10:26 #4 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:Where abouts are you Chris? if you can't get sorted try Lion Garage in Bedlington or there's one or two other places dotted about but depends where you are ;)

Col

Am not up there yet.

Will be in Felton, just outside Morpeth.

Local garage I know says if I can get the part he'll drain off some fuel and fit it for me. He used to work for Rover, says it will take approx 20 mins to fit - so long as he can drain the tank properly.

Finding it really hard to find my happy place right now. Know you've been through this Col. Am sure you can imagine how am feeling right now. Every time I get one thing sorted something else rears it's head.

Replaced the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) the other day and every now and then it gets really tappety since - was hoping long run up your way would sort it.

Am serioulsy considering taxing the Civic and bringing that instead.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 10:32 #5 

DeuxGazoles
I know exactly how you feel mate :hissyfit: sounds like your man will have you sorted though :thumbsup: but if you do need anything when you're up here give me a holler ;)

Felton of course I think you did tell me :roll: my memory resembles a sieve :em: :em:
that's only about 15 miles from me so as I say if you need owt............

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 10:38 #6 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:I know exactly how you feel mate :hissyfit: sounds like your man will have you sorted though :thumbsup: but if you do need anything when you're up here give me a holler ;)

Felton of course I think you did tell me :roll: my memory resembles a sieve :em: :em:
that's only about 15 miles from me so as I say if you need owt............

Col

After much soul searching I'm taxing the Civic.

I want a nice relaxing holiday and I know the Civ will not let me down.

Have had a really bad week with the 75 this week and I think we need a break from each other. I know I will get the 75 sorted, I have to. Need to sell the Civ to get some brass and pay off some bills.

Am leaving the keys to the 75 with the local mechanic and he's gonna sort the tank and have a look at the clutch for me while I'm away. Still feels like it needs bleeding.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 11:09 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Can't say I blame you to be honest ;)

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 11:13 #8 

JohnDotCom
Land Rover Seal in this instant is different to the XPart one, so be careful! (According to XPart)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 11:48 #9 

geesmith
Nice part of the country for a relax Chris. I hope the weather joins in.

I was going to say..are you sure the seal is actually cream crackered or could it be not seated correctly... but I guess you are already convinced which it is and you should take a break from it all.

Posted 30 Jul 2010, 19:44 #10 

MrB
JohnDotCom wrote:Land Rover Seal in this instant is different to the XPart one, so be careful! (According to XPart)

Cheers John

I'll look into it. One of the local LR dealers used to be a Rover/MG dealer and still does servicing and parts for them. He told me LR charge £4 more for them as well.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 18:49 #11 

MrB
geesmith wrote:Nice part of the country for a relax Chris. I hope the weather joins in.

I was going to say..are you sure the seal is actually cream crackered or could it be not seated correctly... but I guess you are already convinced which it is and you should take a break from it all.

Had a great weeks jollies in Northumberland. Weather not too bad, would be lieing if I said we didn't get caught in the odd rain storm. The log cabin and surroundings were stunning, you can't beat waking up to a family of swans (2 adults and 4 Cygnets) swimming on the lake outside your front door.

One ofmy favourite pics taken during the holiday

75-1.jpg

The Civ behaved itself in it's usual way, 62+ MPG average for the whole week, impeccably reliable, bigger boot than the Rover (thanks to the tank being under the driver and passenger seats), but you feel every imperfection in the road and the brakes are awful despite being brand new all round.

The 75 is sat on my drive, so the mechanic hasn't touched it all week. :hissyfit:

Until I can get some fuel out I can't check if the seal is seated incorrectly, kinked or failed??

The part is only £7ish so I will feel better if I have one to hand when I eventually get in there.

I might put the Civ next to it and syphon some off into it? So long as it's that easy to syphon.

Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 18:55 #12 

DeuxGazoles
I'm pleased you enjoyed your holly berries ;) where did you get to then?

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:14 #13 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:I'm pleased you enjoyed your holly berries ;) where did you get to then?

Hi Col

We had a great week. Weather was mainly overcast with a little rain at times, as you'll well know.

We got to:
    Alnwick Gardens
    Alnwick Castle
    Berwick
    Bamburgh
    Holy Island and Lindisfarne
    Seahouses and a boat trip to the Farne Islands
    Warkworth Castle
These were the main places but we also called into others on our trips out, such as the ice cream parlour at Acklington and the British Beef Jerky makers just down the road from our cabin in Eshottheugh.

All of us wish we could have stayed longer.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:23 #14 

DeuxGazoles
Nice one ;) Alnwick's lovely isn't it? but what do you think of the view down Bamburgh's main street?? I think it's breathtaking :o
I'm pleased you've gone back :mrgreen: oh er I mean got back safely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:27 #15 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:Nice one ;) Alnwick's lovely isn't it? but what do you think of the view down Bamburgh's main street?? I think it's breathtaking :o
I'm pleased you've gone back :mrgreen: oh er I mean got back safely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Alnwick is fantastic - if a job comes up in the area I will seriously consider it.

I agree about the view down Bamburgh's main street also. We only got rained on twice all week and the 1st time was in Bamburgh - local cricketers were clearly hardened to the weather however as they played on for a long time through it.
75-2.jpg

Was disappointed to have spent the holiday with the 75 but the Civ did sterling work.

Chris

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:36 #16 

DeuxGazoles
Did you get to ride on a Dreadnought or did you not find the time??

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:41 #17 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:Did you get to ride on a Dreadnought or did you not find the time??

We didn't do the full Alnwick Tour but we did have a ride, as part of the park and ride scheme, on one of their single deckers.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:44 #18 

DeuxGazoles
MrB wrote:
DeuxGazoles wrote:Did you get to ride on a Dreadnought or did you not find the time??

We didn't do the full Alnwick Tour but we did have a ride, as part of the park and ride scheme, on one of their single deckers.

Chris

I hope it was the lovely old cream Bristol not the orrible maroon Dennis :roll:

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay it's a much under-rated area ;) anyhoo I'm off home now catch you later :bed:

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 22:47 #19 

MrB
DeuxGazoles wrote:I hope it was the lovely old cream Bristol not the orrible maroon Dennis :roll:

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay it's a much under-rated area ;) anyhoo I'm off home now catch you later :bed:

Have considered a move to the North East on more than one occasion.

It was maroon Col.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 23:11 #20