I was banned... by raistlin (Page 4 of 5)

JohnDotCom
Just petty,
in the same way as not just announcing you had been banned for having two accounts,
yes broken the rules, but evidence etc didn't have to be blatantly shown over thread.
That's not being open thats being vindictive.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:08 #61 

Bernard
Just what is so heinous about multiple accounts?
It would appear so on any forum.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:30 #62 

SpongeBob
Bernard wrote:Just what is so heinous about multiple accounts?
It would appear so on any forum.

Generally speaking each user should only own one account as that single log-in accumulates all data about a particular user into one place thus making it easier to manage and update the user at any given time. Multiple log-in's would result in more work to maintain each account. Under certain countries data protection laws multiple log-in's could make upholding law in those countries almost impossible. The UK does not require deletion of a users data upon a user leaving a website but some countries (such as Germany) do so multiple log-in's in those scenarios would be a legal nightmare for any website owners.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:40 #63 

Gren 24
How childish is that,To take your elictrickery projects of the forum.

Paul if it will help and if you would like me to I Will post them on the other forum and credit them to you.If they then want to ban me It will be has the saying goes no skin of my nose.

Les

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:52 #64 

raistlin
Thanks Les :)

Yes please Les. Carl has also agreed to do so.:)

You can get the links from my sig on this forum :)

As a matter of interest, whilst I was apparently conspiring in the downfall of the club, owing to their precipitate action, a parcel to a member in Oz which I was sending as a favour to that member, was put at risk as the person concerned couldn't contact me. Luckily, he got my e-mail address, no thanks to the club management though. The member concerned was NOT The K_Man.

In addition, a total of four members who are extremely worried about upcoming court cases, and to whom I was explaining procedures in an attempt to reassure them were summarily left without any way to contact me. One in particular I was, and still am, very concerned about :(

Again, luckily, I have friends like you who have managed to contact those concerned to pass on my e-mail address and my presence on this forum.

So, between you and Carl and the others who have helped out, I should have all bases covered. Thanks Mate :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 22:15 #65 

Last edited by raistlin on 11 Feb 2011, 14:50, edited 2 times in total.

Tourerfogey
All the best have been banned over there - they've banned me twice but I've still got 2 IDs left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 22:20 #66 

Duncan
Tourerfogey wrote:All the best have been banned over there - they've banned me twice but I've still got 2 IDs left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, come on. One of the reasons I left was that I was told (albeit indirectly) my contributions were inconsequential. Now you are trying to prove it just because I left before getting banned.

Feeling really got at now. (NOT)

;)

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 22:25 #67 

JohnDotCom
Don't even know if we have a ban button over here,
People get on on here or can leave of their own choice if they want to.
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 23:24 #68 

carlpenn
Hi Paul.

I haven't been on here for a while (no reason - I just have been doing other stuff lol) and decided tonight to come and have a mooch, only to come across this thread :( I am sorry to hear you got Banned, as everyone says in previous posts apparently in a very petty and indiscriminate way. I have actually been over there tonight to see what was being discussed and can honestly say I was appalled at the way it was carried out.

I haven't been over there (apart from aforementioned visit) since the day I signed up here, I left for my own reasons and seeing how things are going I feel justified in my choice. Your posts where one of the reasons I enjoyed the other side so much, amongst many other members postings who are now here.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 00:17 #69 

raistlin
Thanks Carl - and everyone else :) I broke the rules and got busted. I've looked around a few times over there since and realised that it's not the sort of forum I'd like to be a member of and I don't think it will ever be so. Time to move on I think.
Paul

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 10:38 #70 

Gren 24
Hi Paul.

Put the link on the other side and also on my signature and if anyone wants to contact you they can find you on this Forum.

Just to let you know those thinks arrived today from Quasar Electronics Ltd.(glad I got them to but it all together).

It is there lose on the other side.It is just unfair to the members of the forum.

Les

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 16:42 #71 

podge
Hi Guys,I have been out of touch for a while,it seems a lot of old familiar faces are here now!I have just had a look at a thread I started "over there" and am stunned to see the count at over 7,000!! but am sad to say it seems to have lost the way a bit.I had thought of commenting as such...............probably stir up a hornet's nest doing that though!!Nice to see you Paul.P.

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 19:44 #72 

JohnDotCom
P Get back to servicing some of that Spannish crap you have just inherited. ;)
John

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 20:40 #73 

Ian_Stewart
Hi Paul,

Just a quick note to add my support. I had hoped things had turned a corner recently with the way things had been going. Its a real shame some sort of common sense had not been applied. It seems this is a common problem and a case of (to abuse a mephor) cutting off the knowledge to spite the members.

Posted 22 Jan 2011, 21:10 #74 

goodlittlewifey
mach1rob wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andycolm View Post
Its the night of the long Knives. All dissenters VILL BE SILENCED!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
We have a Rohm...

The question is who are Goering and Himmler?
So you are comparing Reebs to a bunch of Nazi's? Would that be correct?

If the boot fits, just saying like...

sorry, but this photo made me laugh.

Id like to say Im surprised at the other sides reactions to this , but Id be lying, At the end of the day, Raistlin , they need you more than you need them, x

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 10:12 #75 

PaulT
Paul

I have not been on this forum for a month or so and had not been on the other side for a great deal longer. However, just had a look at all the fun and games.

I take it that with your legal side being referred to that every sentence you pass involves putting on the black cap. The only sentence to any crime is death or so it would seem over there.

Certainly seemed some glee in banning you along with the evidence. Clearly you need to be on the side of the law that you are - a silly slip up.

I have received an email telling me that my subs are due. Thought long and hard about it and had decided to renew even though I am still waiting for my members pack!!!

This has now made up my mind not to renew. This forum has enough knowledgeable people to get me out of trouble and life has too many hassles without adding by belonging to an organisation fun by the Fourth Reich.

This forum does have a 'Community' feel to it and no bitchiness.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 14:18 #76 

raistlin
Paul,

I have no problem with the fact that I had two logins which resulted in a ban. "Them's the rules." The remedy might well be a tad OTT but I can't say I wasn't aware.

I must say though, that I laughed my socks off at certain members who seemed to be on the re-discovering orgasm over there because I am a Magistrate :lol:

I believe I described the event itself as "Perry Mason on steroids" or reminiscent of the stoning scene from Life of Brian. Others have described it in equally dismissive and derogatory terms.

What the F*** has having two (or more) logins got to do with anything that matters. Forum is a game for gawd's sake. Ones and zeros, transient images :confused:

Good things might come from being a member of a forum. I have experienced that myself, but the politics and the baiting of the keyboard warriors and so on, isn't real.

Let's face it, some of the things said from the security of a computer desk just wouldn't be said face to face, unless you were cruisin' for a bruisin' :lol:

Unfortunately, I think that some people have trouble distinguishing between real life, where things actually matter and the "La-la land" that is internet fora. No disrespect to anybody running a forum, I'm involved in the running of a few myself, some of which make that place look like kindergarten, but some people really need to get a life other than internet fora. :)
Paul

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 14:51 #77 

JohnDotCom
Unfortunately, I think that some people have trouble distinguishing between real life, where things actually matter and the "La-la land" that is internet fora. No disrespect to anybody running a forum, I'm involved in the running of a few myself, some of which make that place look like kindergarten, but some people really need to get a life other than internet fora.

Quite agree Paul, some people seem to have lost the plot over this issue.
The fact some of the complainants I know to have two logins does nothing to make this any more than the "Stoning in Damascus".

Everyone knows where you are for your Electrickery projects and others will soon tell them.
Rules are rules but things can be taken a tad to far in their sorting of. :(

We have the most minimal of rules over here and it works very well to date. :)
You and anyone are welcome on the Community, nothing wrong with being members of both where allowed.
I certainly haven't missed out on any help being here. ;) :gmc:
John

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 15:00 #78 

Zeb
The ban was to be expected.

The Stalinesque Show Trial, sadly, was also to be expected. :roll:

But damn it was funny! :lol: Sorry, it just appealed to my sense of the ridiculous somewhat.

It was a circus...but, as with all these things, this little circus has moved on...

ARE there really any losers? Paul's electrickery remains very much available (which reminds me I must update my sig!) Paul's not inconsiderable knowledge remains available...here....Paul remains amongst friends...here...

So, the only REAL loser is the club, having successfully alienated more subscribed members and lost a veritable well of knowledge. :confused:

Posted 25 Jan 2011, 15:18 #79 

Bermudan 75
This ridiculous ban happened whilst I was away due to a death in the family.

Paul has given so much to members of the 75/ZT OC and subsequently this forum.

This ban is ridiculous, but the other side is now just run by power hungry cretins who have no 'community' feelings but just self centered ambitions.

I have met a few and compared to Paul they have absolutely nothing to offer.

Posted 16 Mar 2011, 18:01 #80