I was banned... by raistlin (Page 3 of 5)

MN190
10 pages and still growing on t'other side.
OTT reaction in my opinion but unfortunately not unexpected given the recent history .
I'm sure similar action will follow to others if it doesn't suit certain people.

Mark

Posted 20 Jan 2011, 23:49 #41 

calibrax
Sorry to hear this, Paul.

I think imposing a permanent ban is completely Draconian under the circumstances, but not in any way surprising, given the track record over there. I get the distinct impression that anyone who becomes popular with members (and thereby more influential) is seen as a potential threat, to be suppressed by any means possible. Unfortunately you gave them the perfect remedy... so in this case, yes, it's a fair cop, but certainly not a fair judiciary!

Doubt I'll be bothering to renew my membership. In fact, with all the bickering and infighting, along with my recent engine problems, I have to admit that I've been seriously considering moving on from the marque (ok, probably more down to the engine issues than anything else, but still!). And a black Mercedes CLK270 has been calling out my name... tempting indeed :mrgreen:
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 02:21 #42 

black olive
eee, I dont know- it seems every time I log in over there someone else has been banned.

Paul you have given far more than many over there, and your knowledge and presence will be much appreciated and valued over here :thumbsup:

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 08:10 #43 

greeners
raistlin wrote:
Thanks David, but please don't put yourself at risk of ending up on the "usual suspects" or "the noise" list. ;)

But seriously, I appreciate your comment.

Paul

I doubt I'm at risk, I'm not bothered one way or another what they think of me..what you see is what you get....

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 08:28 #44 

Pedro
I've been reading the threads, Paul, and, yes, you broke the rules, but the reaction to this by the management is quite appalling. After all the help and advice you have given to club members, frankly you deserved better treatment. What particularly galled me was the triumphant manner in which your banning was announced. I'm afraid I've lost all hope that the club will sort itself out. While certain mods, until yesterday that is, have been seen to be doing the right thing, nothing will or can change fundamentally, until there is a change at the top, and I can't see this happening. Your ban is the club's loss Paul.
Peter

If all else fails......read the instructions.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 08:31 #45 

Mad-Monkey
Deary me, sorry to hear of you ban Paul, although it is their loss. Seems a bit over the top to me expecially considering the support and knowledge you have given to the club at your own expense.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 12:15 #46 

MrB
I haven't been on't other side much lately, but I had hoped that all this nonsense had ceased and that a modicum of common sense had returned over there.

Clearly that is sadly not the case.

To suggest you should be banned from nano meets is possibly the most ridiculous comment to come out of one of that site's membership ever.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 12:18 #47 

raistlin
Monk wrote:Deary me, sorry to hear of you ban Paul.

Shall we say it merely brought forward the inevitable David? ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 12:23 #48 

JohnDotCom
Until the Directors disappear (oh ones done that)/ leave/resign/sell up nothing will change over there and never be for the "Members" :(

Please note this is a personal post and nothing to do with the Community management or feelings there of.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 13:28 #49 

takestock
Aye, sorry it happened matey but I do hope your ready for all the ribbing yer gonna get at meets :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 14:20 #50 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:Deary me, sorry to hear of you ban Paul.

Shall we say it merely brought forward the inevitable David? ;)

Its a shame, the place has certainly lost its character. Good job the community is here, heck I don't even have a 75 or ZT :D

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 15:53 #51 

raistlin
calibrax wrote:Sorry to hear this, Paul.

I think imposing a permanent ban is completely Draconian under the circumstances

It's in the rules Steve, which I accepted. However, the inevitability of it, following Doctor Death's irrational outbursts the other evening, was assured one way or another.
Paul

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 15:55 #52 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This topic seems to have run it's course now.

So just to be awkward..................

I am not going to close it. :lol: So there!.....................

Childish enough?

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 17:56 #53 

raistlin
I can see why you weren't appreciated over there Mick :lol:

Oh, and for the benefit of somebody whom I know is looking in on a regular basis:- Corruptisima re publica plurimae leges :whump:
Paul

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 18:09 #54 

Trebor
sorry i have missed the fun, if thats what you can call it !

Of late i have not been on this forum hardly at all, i sort of defaulted back to the club site and came to the conclusion that as long as i could still get to the various meets i want to go to and meet friends there that I would settle for that, but i will make myself a promise to spend more time on here from now on as i am losing touch with people who i regard as friends of which thare are many on here.

There is another reason for my temp absence, probelms at work due to staff cuts and i have now been told that i need to apply for my own job by 31 January with no guarantee of retaining it as there are too many staff for posts due to staff reductions - I am in my 40th year of service and was planning to partially retire this year, (i have been counting the days down from 2 years out) and drop from 5 days to 3 but all those plans are now up in the air and i have no idea if i will even have a job in 6 months or not - what price loyalty eh !

I have just read the threads on the club site and just posted on the Data Praotection thread, I have a lot of respect for Reebs but what an over the top reaction to ban Paul and to see other members trying to twist the knife, he got it all wrong and Paul must feel let down given what he has contributed to the club over a long period, a terrrible way to be treated.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 19:26 #55 

Duncan
Rob,

good to see you over here again. However, I'm sorry about the situation with your job, and hope it resolves itself.

Being in the motor industry, I've felt at risk many times, but been lucky. I hope this is the same for you. We've had a very tricky couple of years, but I've hung on, again. It's never a pleasant place to be, and I still remember back in the late eighties where a colleague who was sat at my desk, was asked by their boss if they had a moment, and never seen again.

Keep hoping and trying. With luck experience will win out.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 19:45 #56 

Mick
(Site Admin)
All the best on the job front Rob, be catching up with you at the next Nano if not before.

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 19:48 #57 

raistlin
I also sympathise with Rob's predicament at the moment :( My own job is far from secure as it stands even though the spectre of moving to Wales has, for the moment, receded.

Public sector is not a good place to be, especially for those of us who actually do something and generate a product. Always acknowledging, of course, that the private sector has its fair share of grief as well.
Paul

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 19:53 #58 

JohnDotCom
Sorry to hear of the possible trouble for you on the job front Rob.
Nice to see you over here, always welcome.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:03 #59 

raistlin
I just noticed they cut off the links to my electrickery projects. That's nice of them for those members who were doing or contemplating doing, the modifications :evil:

Isn't that just a little beyond petty?

Edit:

Apparently I got this all wrong so I withdraw the comment. I haven't deleted it merely for the sake of thread continuity. I have no problem with saying I made a mistake.

It seems that the forum software removes all signatures etc when an individual is banned and there's nothing the admin can do about it
Paul

Posted 21 Jan 2011, 20:04 #60 

Last edited by raistlin on 22 Jan 2011, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.