I've been playing... by Mad-Monkey (Page 1 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
again! :roll:

Emergency keys... :)

Would there be any interest if I had some made in a MG and Rover design? Say the cost worked between £5-10.

They would open the doors, and boot if it has a key lock, but nothing else. They could start the car if I planted an immobiliser but I thought a slim key to keep in a wallet/bag/pocket might be preferred.

I'll upload two designs as soon as...

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 23:23 #1 

Mad-Monkey
Two designs...

Sorry for the fwocking great watermark but they took far too long to draw in and there are no clean vector images of the logos. The Rover text was a nightmare and was hand drawn :(

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 23:36 #2 

carlpenn
I would be interested. I note from Work, that many Car manufacturers provide these with their cars, so obviously must be useful (Speaking from experience I would say that they are as my Wifes friend slammed her Land Rover Discovery boot lid / Door, only to find her Keyfob was on the sill and the Boot lid / door managed to press the "Lock" function on the fob, rendering the vehicle unenterable !! lol Must admit it was hilarious climbing through the open window and setting the alarm off on the middle of Curries Car Park :p)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 06 Feb 2012, 23:45 #3 

raistlin
I'll have one or two please David :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 06:48 #4 

Bernard
I'm interested in one of each.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 09:33 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Easy chaps :) still working out the designs. Probably going to mill them, the detail on the rover key is quite tight so it may look naff once done. The MG one should be fine though.

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 10:37 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
MG for me please David, whenever. :) I created a vector drawing of the Rover emblem which was used for a glass engraving on the OC. I can email it to you if of any use.

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 11:56 #7 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers Mick. If I could have a gander that would be ace, there is nothing on the net for Rover unfortunately, or Mustang for that matter, been looking at a V8 design ;)

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 12:37 #8 

kandyman
Put me down for one when you go in to production :)

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 18:37 #9 

raistlin
Mick wrote:MG for me please David, whenever. :) I created a vector drawing of the Rover emblem which was used for a glass engraving on the OC. I can email it to you if of any use.

Can I have a copy of that drawing please Mick?
Paul

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 21:08 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Of course, watch your mail.

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 21:10 #11 

raistlin
Thanks Mick :)
Paul

Posted 07 Feb 2012, 21:14 #12 

pob06
Great idea Monk, would you mind putting a forum noob on the list please??.

Assume I would just take it and the original to my friendly local key cutters?

I think I read somewhere that very early R75's came with an emergency key, but not the later ones (my 01 hasnt got one). Is that correct?

Shout when you get ready to make them I'll get payment to you (paypal, cash whatever is easiest for you)

many thanks

pob (Laurence)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 08 Feb 2012, 13:46 #13 

Mad-Monkey
Sure no probs, I'll make an annoucement wheni get them on the go, probably looking a couple of months.

Hopefully it will be a case of just popping it to your key cutters but when I've done a few I'll take them around a few places and see if it's something they would cut, I don't see why they would though.

I'm not sure which cars had them and which didn't. I was told all cars had them but it's clearly not the case. I think the really early ones had them but can't remember who told me.

Posted 08 Feb 2012, 14:01 #14 

Trebor
id be up for these too David, another good idea
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 09 Feb 2012, 21:30 #15 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI David.
Great idea i would take some for my cars cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Feb 2012, 22:43 #16 

Duncan
The original ones did have the transponder chip in so you can start the car as well. Many VW group cars still come with this kind of key.

I guess it all comes down to whether you are only worried about locking the key in the car, or losing the key altogether.

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 12:19 #17 

Mad-Monkey
I could pop a transponder in, make it optional. I went on the reasoning of the majority locking the keys in. Keeps the price low as well.

Posted 11 Feb 2012, 18:18 #18 

Tinyflier
Monk wrote:again! :roll:

Emergency keys... :)

Would there be any interest if I had some made in a MG and Rover design? Say the cost worked between £5-10.

They would open the doors, and boot if it has a key lock, but nothing else. They could start the car if I planted an immobiliser but I thought a slim key to keep in a wallet/bag/pocket might be preferred.

I'll upload two designs as soon as...

Yes I would, an MG version for me please.

David

Posted 13 Feb 2012, 08:12 #19 

calibrax
Put me down for an MG one please! :D

I'm now wondering if my door lock actually works, as I don't think I've used my key since I bought the car over 3 years ago... hmm, will have to try it!
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 26 Feb 2012, 22:54 #20