I quite like this car. by raistlin

• Related topics: (no related topics)

raistlin
Doctor has finally sanctioned my use of the car again, albeit reluctantly ;)

Anyway, had five little tasks to do this morning which I would normally get to by walking. However, walking stick, temporary semi-cripple, and compacted snow and underlying ice are not an ideal combination so I decided to get VeeKay out :)

Unfortunately, multiple stops and starts, with the engine cold, with ambient temperature of minus 3 Celsius, suggested to me that the battery might not be up to the job, especially as the car has lain dormant for a fortnight.

It was then that I remembered Bathrobe Locking.

As a result, I got all the little tasks done, requiring only one engine start, and by the time I'd finished, the engine and car were up to temperature and I'd guess the battery had received at least some charge.

I thought that Bathrobe locking could only be achieved by turning the key in the door lock, but not so, it works from the key-fob... another bonus :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 Jan 2013, 19:42 #1 

Jürgen
Nice little feature. :)

Posted 22 Jan 2013, 20:16 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Oooo must try the fob tomorrow, I've only ever used the key.

Posted 22 Jan 2013, 20:53 #3 

takestock
Yup, had mine enabled when we set off on the failed remote start marathon. Great on these winter mornings :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 22 Jan 2013, 20:57 #4 

Last edited by takestock on 23 Jan 2013, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Mischief
I need to get bathrobe locking activated, sounds like a neat feature for this time of year :-D
Regards
Chief

Posted 23 Jan 2013, 15:53 #5 

Borg Warner
Have you not had the solar charger connected Paul? Mines been laid up since early December with a 4w charger connected. Fire it up about every 10 days and it starts as if it's in daily use. Same with the Landy.

Unlike me of course another 3 weeks before I get the ok to drive.

Posted 23 Jan 2013, 19:31 #6 

raistlin
Haven't got round to fitting it yet Gary :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jan 2013, 19:56 #7