I may have HGF by persuer

• Related topics: (no related topics)

persuer
I have had a problem with the fan had lost low speed, Now fan comes on after a short trip and stops on ages after car switched off. I was using phone earlier so stopped at side of road, Within 5 minutes car temp had maxed out. I checked dipstick and oil looked ok (at the moment). let cool down until normal temp drover about 1/4 mile home and temp started to rise again.

And yes before anybody says I told you so .......... I know I was warned.

Posted 02 Nov 2012, 12:02 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Could be inlet manifold gasket rather than HGF (Head Gasket Failure). Wait for some more expert advice to come on line.

Posted 02 Nov 2012, 12:32 #2 

takestock
Doesn't sound good i'm afraid, check the temp with the OBD (On Board Diagnostics). Fan on after ign off is high speed dissipation :(

If there is no sign of mixing you may be lucky.
Hopefully you check your water level regularly :) If not can I suggest daily for a while, we need to know whats going on in there :)

Oh, and get yer fan fixed........... ( horse bolted and all that )
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Nov 2012, 15:41 #3 

persuer
Hopefully I am lucky Dave, I have my mechanic coming Monday and I have decided not to drive it until then. I will keep you posted. :cry:

Posted 03 Nov 2012, 09:13 #4 

persuer
Mechanic just been and reckons water pump has failed and gasket is fine.

Posted 05 Nov 2012, 17:50 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
Richard.
I have had a fan waiting here at mine for you since the last meet at the nano get the pump sorted out then get the fan put on dont mess your car up for the sake of the fan you have a PM Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Nov 2012, 03:31 #6 

persuer
Thanks Steve I have replied.

Posted 14 Nov 2012, 16:42 #7 

James.uk
I thought HGfailure was compulsory for 1.8 owners innit...

Posted 14 Nov 2012, 17:40 #8