I'll Tell You What Improves MPG by FIXGER

FIXGER
A lighter right foot! :o

I experimented last week by driving like I have a 75 and not a ZT................. :mrgreen: OK, only kidding guys. But I did adjust my driving style to a more relaxed form, using gentler acceleration and less full throttle - quite a bit less actually :em: . The result - I leapt from 34/35mpg to 37.5mpg and that was exactly the same journeys as I take every week. It was also in conjunction with turning my Synergy2 up to setting 9 from the previous 6. So I'm fairly certain that this is something I will be doing in future more often ;) .
ImageImage

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 20:53 #1 

1gp
me to , i also played with settings on the box , i running on setting 7. its the first time my car has ever done over 50mpg.

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 20:57 #2 

James.uk
Gentle driving will certainly increase your mpg. The problem with it is, that it also increases the boredom level of driving and consequently I believe it reduces your mental awareness.. As always, there is a trade off.. :confused: ;)

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 00:53 #3 

FIXGER
James.uk wrote: increases the boredom level of driving .......... As always, there is a trade off.. :confused: ;)

There is always a downside James! Mind you, driving to and from work is hardly breathtaking stuff ;)
ImageImage

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 06:01 #4 

MrB
James.uk wrote:Gentle driving ... increases the boredom level of driving and consequently I believe it reduces your mental awareness.. ;)

I know what you mean James. I have a tendency to charge around, wanting to get everywhere yesterday, actually still do in my daily driver (Honda Civic 2.2 Diesel).

I am hoping getting back in a 75 will mean I enjoy just driving again and I stop racing around ('cause the Civ beats just about anything and still returns 45mpg around town and 62+ on a run) and enjoy leisurely and civil driving once more.

In short I hope some of the gentleman in the car will rub off on me. Am quite looking forward to wafting along, rather than rattling along. :thumbsup:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 09:35 #5