I am getting the urge... by Zeb

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Zeb
To do summat different, like getting rid of the V6 and the V8, buying a high-spec diesel ZTT and then getting the engine seriously strengthened and breathed upon....just for fun.....

Thoughts on this idea folks?

Posted 31 May 2011, 21:57 #1 

JakeWilson
Would go with the idea of getting a diesel for sure, but if you were wanting to then tinker to produce bigger returns, I'd go and get a BMW that does it already!

I'd say:

ZT-T Diesel as the standard workhorse

Jag/BMW play thing

Posted 31 May 2011, 22:19 #2 

Zeb
Or the bigger BMW engine in the ZT-T....

Posted 31 May 2011, 22:20 #3 

JohnDotCom
The 3 litre BMW lump would be nice Zeb.

I'll get shot for suggesting it but just go for the Jag XF or new XJ Diesel and you will get bags more power with better MPG and style. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 31 May 2011, 22:34 #4 

Zeb
JohnDotCom wrote:The 3 litre BMW lump would be nice Zeb.

I'll get shot for suggesting it but just go for the Jag XF or new XJ Diesel and you will get bags more power with better MPG and style. :lol:

I would....at a price.......:) My idea might be a fun project and a touch cheaper....

Posted 31 May 2011, 22:37 #5 

MrB
Carl mine has a Mahle air filter - reviews suggest provides more air than a K&N etc yet is still standard so no oil on MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) worries, and a Synergy fitted.

It runs well but has nowhere near the performance my 2.2 diesel Civic had, which had around 140 BHP as standard.

Given mine has 180k on it now, but you're never going to get any sort of great performance out of a 75/ZT diesel I'm afraid.

I think John is right, a 2.2 X-Type would provide far better economy and performance.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 31 May 2011, 23:42 #6 

JakeWilson
If modding a Zed is the way you want to go, there could be some scope in seeing if you could fit the twin turbo 2.0 diesel as found in the 123d. Alpina have gotten 241bhp out of them.

However, as JDC says XF and XJ diesels are a good option that are designed to have power and will work as such. Or, look at a either a 525d, 530d or even the 535d M-Sport Touring!

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 00:47 #7 

Martin
Zeb wrote:To do summat different, like getting rid of the V6 and the V8, buying a high-spec diesel ZTT and then getting the engine seriously strengthened and breathed upon....just for fun.....

Thoughts on this idea folks?

You speaketh heresy you will be smote down and subject to all manor of plagues, I urge you to repent this sinful speak, it will be only time before the elders hear of your discontent and summon you before there worshipfulnessess and give you a damn good thrashing with a rolled up copy of the Inquisition News, (special Sup), any supporters of these sinful speaks will likewise be pinched until sore and have small portions whelks pushed up their noses.
LO and let the sufferings of those who went before be a guide to you, they all came back and confessed their misdeeds and we welcomed them back to the god that is V8 Petrol
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 16:53 #8