How To fix broken Bullett Mirror Cover Clips by Trebor

Trebor
Bullett Mirror Cover Repair

Broken plastic clips on bullet mirror covers is a common problem and when it happens the covers work loose and need to be fixed or replaced.

If you have powerfold mirrors I know from experience that it is essential to have correct fitting covers otherwise loose ones can stop the mirror movement, jam the mirror and damage the motor gears.

If the exterior of the covers are fine and in good condition it is a waste to just discard them.

One option is to buy new ones if and when you can find them, and if you have the chrome type a pair of new ones can cost around £60 on E Bay

You can always try and glue them in place, which may work but is not always successful.

So I have come up with a fix which should be permanent and at less than £5 is both cheap and easy to carry out.

The covers can also easily be removed should the need arise as when the screws are undone the covers will pop off
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Jan 2014, 18:32 #1 

raistlin
Clever idea Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 24 Jan 2014, 18:48 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Rob.
You have got to much time on your hands :lol: no really that is an excellent fix for what is a nightmare for some members and will save them buying new covers, I wonder how many have been thrown away because they did not have a fix. :hail: :hail:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Jan 2014, 17:14 #3 

pip
excellent I`ve just this morning stuck mine on with double sided tape but I will be doing this tomorrow, thanks

Posted 20 May 2016, 16:07 #4 

Trebor
pip wrote:excellent I`ve just this morning stuck mine on with double sided tape but I will be doing this tomorrow, thanks

glad to be of assistance Pip
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 20 May 2016, 16:23 #5