Horners by chrisp955

• Related topics: (no related topics)

chrisp955
ZT goes in Horners tomorrow for a tune up on the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and see if there any goody's they can unlock for me..they seem very helpful on the phone...I At the moment i am getting 23 to 25 mpg in mixed use be interesting to see if improves any. :thumbsup:
chris p

Posted 16 Dec 2010, 20:12 #1 

rovernut
Wish Dave and Phil a Merry Christmas from purple cabby Chris!

Great guys.

Posted 16 Dec 2010, 23:53 #2 

chrisp955
Just got back from Horners very nice people even got a brew and mince pie..I now have speed locking auto closing windows delayed head lamps so i can get me key in the house door before they go off.And on cold mornings i can lock the car with me spare key and leave the engine running..All for 22 quid They give the car a once over and cleared the ECU (Engine Control Unit)..I am in need of a lower engine mount witch is on order.So all in all top people and i will be making them my main garage from now on.Its worth the 50mile round trip..They did ask for my membership card for my discount witch i haven't got (give me 10% anyway) i didn't no there was any how do i get one?? and phil said hi chris...

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 13:31 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
chrisp955 wrote:Just got back from Horners very nice people even got a brew and mince pie..I now have speed locking auto closing windows delayed head lamps so i can get me key in the house door before they go off.And on cold mornings i can lock the car with me spare key and leave the engine running..All for 22 quid They give the car a once over and cleared the ECU..I am in need of a lower engine mount witch is on order.So all in all top people and i will be making them my main garage from now on.Its worth the 50mile round trip..They did ask for my membership card for my discount witch i haven't got (give me 10% anyway) i didn't no there was any how do i get one?? and phil said hi chris...

Hi Chris
Horners are a well respected garage and we are happy to promote them free of charge, if they would like a slot in our "people you can't do without" forum viewforum.php?f=39. Just PM me their details or ask them to do so.

This Community is free to use and free to register on, we make no demands on our members, commercial or otherwise. Neither do we issue membership cards or any of the other paraphernalia associated with Owners Clubs.

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 13:53 #4 

richardwjackson
In response to this, the 10% discount was something I negotiated with them as regional secretary on the owners club site. They would have been referring to that particular owners club membership card.

Showing the membership card was required to receive the discount.

Glad everybody is getting their 10% discount though...... :D

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 09:25 #5 

chrisp955
I'm waiting for me pack from the other site so maybe the card will be in that.Girl behind desk did ask for one and said she would let me of this time.It mite be worth the powers that be giving Horners a call to see if they will give the discount to this site if we produce's a flayer or membership number??
ps is this site what is referred to as the dark side on the other site??
chris p new member catching up on the gossip

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 10:30 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
chrisp955 wrote:I'm waiting for me pack from the other site so maybe the card will be in that.Girl behind desk did ask for one and said she would let me of this time.It mite be worth the powers that be giving Horners a call to see if they will give the discount to this site if we produce's a flayer or membership number??
ps is this site what is referred to as the dark side on the other site??
chris p new member catching up on the gossip

Thanks for the PM Chris I'll give them a call.

Mg-rover.org is referred to as the dark side. I coined the phrase when the Owners Club first broke away from there. It refers to the forum colours of their site and for no other reason.

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 11:01 #7 

PaulT
chrisp955 wrote:I'm waiting for me pack from the other site so maybe the card will be in that.

You may wait a long time - never received my pack so no idea if there would be a membership card in it!
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 14:26 #8 

JohnDotCom
Contact Reebs on old club if you are having problems,
he will sort for you.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 18 Dec 2010, 14:45 #9 

Bermudan 75
Horners did agree to offer Community members a 10% discount when they came to the last Cheshire meet held at the Rompers.

I will follow this up for everyone, weather permitting.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 20 Dec 2010, 17:53 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:Horners did agree to offer Community members a 10% discount when they came to the last Cheshire meet held at the Rompers.

I will follow this up for everyone, weather permitting.

:cheers:

Mike

Thank you Mike. If you would be good enough to follow it up, in your own time, that will save me a job.

Posted 20 Dec 2010, 18:04 #11