Hmmm cheap but.... by Zeb

Zeb

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 16:26 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I can't imagine the quality at £6.50 a throw.
They do also quote as suitable for V8 which I find impossible to believe. I'm sure you will agree.

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 16:56 #2 

baconbuttyman
as said, i cant imajin the quality would be up to much, but go on Carl, fit them and let us know ;)
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 17:13 #3 

Zeb
They won't fit the V8 but lots of the manufacturers and sellers make that mistake.. :roll: ...would they not have to reach basic BSI standards or owt?

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 17:18 #4 

Martin
Mick wrote:I can't imagine the quality at £6.50 a throw.
They do also quote as suitable for V8 which I find impossible to believe. I'm sure you will agree.

No they wouldn't fit the 260, the rears are unique to the car, so may be just getting carried away :confused:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 17:21 #5 

Martin
Zeb wrote:They won't fit the V8 but lots of the manufacturers and sellers make that mistake.. :roll: ...would they not have to reach basic BSI standards or owt?

Snap :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 17:22 #6 

JakeWilson
They're fine. I've just bought a load of parts off him. He had some 190 pads for £9.75. They're TRX Lucas Pads and they look Pukka. If the 190 or diesel (had vented) had needed rears I would have bought them without a shadow of a doubt :D

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 20:01 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Pads for a tenner maybe, rear discs for £6.50? are you sure?

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 20:09 #8 

JakeWilson
His parts are just VERY cheap - those discs normally retail for about £40 notes, if you look at his other items - most other stuff is very reasonably priced as well.

When looking at parts over in the states, Mintex parts that are £30 odd quid over here, can be sourced in the states for ALOT cheaper, I think sadly it's the case that we've just come acustomed to paying over the odds for stuff.

Posted 11 Apr 2011, 20:57 #9 

Zeb
Right...well I have ordered a pair....so let's see how we get on. :shock: :? :D

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 19:34 #10 

RV75V8
I wouldn't trust them. I'm needing to do mine on the V8 soon, and won't be taking any chances. I see reference from time to time to Yellow pads. What brand is that, and what's so special about them?
Beautiful car, Beautiful country, Beautiful Roads ....Paradise!

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 00:46 #11 

Mick
(Site Admin)
RV75V8 wrote:I wouldn't trust them. I'm needing to do mine on the V8 soon, and won't be taking any chances. I see reference from time to time to Yellow pads. What brand is that, and what's so special about them?

Yellowstuff by EBC High performance / Trackday

15% discount available to Community members.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1364

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 10:49 #12 

Zeb
RV75V8 wrote:I wouldn't trust them. I'm needing to do mine on the V8 soon, and won't be taking any chances. I see reference from time to time to Yellow pads. What brand is that, and what's so special about them?

On the V8 you won't have much choice anyway for rear disks! :lol: Best get them off the 260s club...and even then we are in arm and leg territory... :shock:

Being as they are\rear disks I do not mind taking a small chance...the firm that make the disks do seem to be quite big and making a great deal of stuff for cars...

http://www.brakeworld.co.uk/

Posted 14 Apr 2011, 12:01 #13 

Zeb
Well they arrived in good time...and.....they are as good as owt else I have ever fitted! Well made and a perfect fit....I am somewhat pleased with these.. :thumbsup:

Posted 15 Apr 2011, 18:04 #14