Help with 75 seats Please by martbass

martbass
Hi All
I was hoping some kind person could help?
I'm looking to buy used ebay front pair of cloth manual seats to fit into my Talbot camper as from pictures they seem the best bet.
I can mod the rails if needed but the seat dimensions are important and the local scrappies won't allow anyone wandering around with a tape measure.

If anyone has the time to take measurements for me it would be much appreciated.

Distance between rails.
Height of the backrest from inside the lower cushion join to the top without headrest.
Distance from the rails to the top of lower cushion seat.
Width of seat.

Sorry for all this but the measurements within reason need to be close as the seats need to butt up to me original rears to make a bed.

Do these seats recline fully back/horizontal without too much hump at the join?

Many thanks to anyone who can help

Martin

Posted 30 Jul 2015, 10:52 #1 

Trebor
Hi Martin

Its a mod I havent come across before !

If its to make into a bed better stick to the more comfy and wider 75 seats as opposed to the MG ZT variation which are more sporty

On my 75 which has leather seats, dimensions are

Distance between rails
14.25 inches inside of rails and 18.5 inches outside

Height of the backrest from inside the lower cushion join to the top without headrest
23.5 inches

Distance from the rails to the top of lower cushion seat
10 inches

Width of seat

20.5 inches plus extr 1 inch for electric switches on side

Hope this helps and please post some pictures if you succeed ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Jul 2015, 14:43 #2 

martbass
Thanks very much for the swift info Rob.
Everything is a bit too big....Looks like without major chopping I'm going to have to look at alternatives...

cheers

Martin

Posted 31 Jul 2015, 07:48 #3