Help!!! by bopperbrian

• Related topics: (no related topics)

bopperbrian
I know this is covered by the Know how section which I have read but I am now in need of help. I have today been out to replace the bushes on my 75 tourer. I am 66 and well overweight and have tried for 5 hours to undo the bolts holding the bush in. After 2 hours I took a new 18mm spanner and heated it up and bent it to get into the front bolt. I even cut the other (open end) off in order to get a pipe on it to gain leverage. After a further half a hour I finally got the front bolt undone. I then tried the rear bolt but I have had to give in. I just cannot get the bolt loose! PLEASE is there anyone near me Burton-on-Trent that can either help me or do the job for me? I don't mind paying. Is there a garage or mechanic in the area? This has been an eye opener for me because I normally do all my own repairs but I have now found I cannot do it anymore. Please help, someone.

Posted 26 Jun 2013, 15:33 #1 

Lates
(Trader)
If you make it to our workshop in Rugby Saturday I will do them for you.Book time 2.15hrs for both £50 a pair in labour.

Posted 26 Jun 2013, 18:20 #2 

kandyman
You can't have anyone better than Lates looking after your car.

Posted 26 Jun 2013, 19:35 #3 

bopperbrian
Thanks Lates... Your offer is great news. I will phone you today for time & place for Saturday. Thank you so much.

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 07:48 #4 

Roverite
See how easy it is to get help on here!

Roverite.

Posted 27 Jun 2013, 12:26 #5 

bopperbrian
I have to say how nice it is to be a member of this forum. Within minutes I received a reply and within days my problem was sorted. I would like to say a big thanks to Lates, you guys sorted my fitting of rear bottom bushes out in 35 minutes. I would recommend LATES to anyone who needs a job done and award a V6.
Very friendly.
Very Fast.
Very professional.
Very reasonably priced.
Very reliable.
and Very nice cup of tea to finish.

Posted 01 Jul 2013, 09:55 #6 

Roverite
Roverite wrote:See how easy it is to get help on here!

Roverite.

....And see what nice people we are. Glad you got fixed up and thanks for the Lates recommendation.

Roverite.

Posted 01 Jul 2013, 12:19 #7