Help needed by spy45

spy45
Can one of you nice chaps do me a big favour. I need to know the measurement of the centres, front/ rear side to side of the front seat runner bolts. It is a project with a 45, which allegedly has the same seats as a 75. Thanks Spy 45

Posted 30 Apr 2014, 11:31 #1 

PaulT
Front to rear 38cm
Side to side 42cm

What are you doing????

My OH has a 45 and I was wondering whether it would be possible to fit the memory seat mechanism from a 75.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Apr 2014, 13:28 #2 

Bernard
PaulT wrote:Front to rear 38cm
Side to side 42cm

What are you doing????

My OH has a 45 and I was wondering whether it would be possible to fit the memory seat mechanism from a 75.

The memory function is within the seat and only the remote function from the key will not work.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 30 Apr 2014, 14:33 #3 

spy45
Thanks for the measurements. When I've checked the measurements I will let you know.

Posted 01 May 2014, 16:35 #4 

PaulT
Bernard, thinking back now, think it was Duncan who said that the memory function cannot be added to the passenger seat because of the links in to the cars electronics. Duncan can you confirm?
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 10:49 #5 

Bernard
To be clear; the memory function will work as it is self contained and given a 12volt supply, will work even when not in the car.
Only the key remote is linked by K-bus to the car elecronics.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 May 2014, 11:16 #6 

PaulT
Bernard, thanks for the clarification
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 12:37 #7 

spy45
I have checked our 45 and although the length between cntres is the same (38cms) the width is 46cms as apposed to your 42cms. Not really a prob as the width is the important one if fitting power fore and aft. It means a plate to make up the difference, which is a little scary cos of structural strength. As to fitting memory seats I must admit I am a little wary due to the computer etc. There was a complete set leather( back seat and outer arm rests) I think plus cards for the princely sum of £110 inc carriage. I didn't proceed as it was the wrong colour, plus memory seats. The idea is to fit power seats in the front of the 45 as when we change drivers, my Wife having a strength problem finds the mechanism to much Bit accademic at the mo as my 70+ driving licence application has been denied. Twenty five years of depression and suddenly it's a problem. I just hope my Doc can sort it out. Tell the truth and get kicked in the teeth. Sorry it's got to me a bit.

Posted 02 May 2014, 15:07 #8 

PaulT
Just rechecked and yes, a 75 is 42cm.
Paul

Posted 02 May 2014, 17:11 #9