Hello (New Member) by voguev8

voguev8
In the past I have owned a number of Rovers, best being P6 3500 and 827 and a Sterling. Due to rising cost of fuel I have decided to get rid of my Mercedes ML320 petrol (15-20mpg) and get something that offers better fuel economy. Have been looking at a number of options and have decided on a
Rover 75 Tourer diesel.
So am looking around for a sub 100k mile example and probably autobox.
Will post as soon as I find something

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 10:18 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Welcome along and good luck in your search. There are many fine examples of these vehicles so don't be seduced by something that's not been well looked after.

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 11:22 #2 

Roverite
voguev8 wrote:In the past I have owned a number of Rovers, best being P6 3500 and 827 and a Sterling. Due to rising cost of fuel I have decided to get rid of my Mercedes ML320 petrol (15-20mpg) and get something that offers better fuel economy. Have been looking at a number of options and have decided on a
Rover 75 Tourer diesel.
So am looking around for a sub 100k mile example and probably autobox.
Will post as soon as I find something

Welcome to the 'club'; use it to get all the 'gen' before buying. Look at my book 'The 75 and ZT Companion', which is a concise guide to buying and owning an R40 (factory code for Rover 75), it is a free PDF download on here, under the 'Know How' forum. Also in the same section is a 'Complete Buyers Guide' by Colin NI, which is a definitive guide to all things R40.

The diesels (CDT & CDTi), are a good choice, which makes them more sought after, but slightly more expensive to buy; however, compared to new equivalent diesels they are a fraction of the cost; the manual diesel is the most economical and the cheapest Road Tax, currently £170 pa. Also, they don't have the dreaded DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) (diesel particulate filter).

So, buy and enjoy!

Roverite.

Posted 06 Mar 2013, 13:10 #3