Hello and Goodbye by T-Cut (Page 1 of 3)

T-Cut
Hello everyone.
I noticed many familiar usernames around this new site and thought it would be good to join the gang. So, having been around the Club and .org sites for quite a while and hopefully made some useful contributions, I registered. Well I tried to register using my well established handle 'T-Cut'. 'Sorry' it said, 'That's taken, you'll have to choose another name." Blimey I thinks, I don't remember registering already, even though I'd popped in a couple of times before.

OK let's try 'TCut'. Nope, someone has taken that too. Hmm, this is a bit much on a forum so 'connected' shall I say, with the others. Now you might believe in unlikely coincidence or perhaps in random chance, but under the circumstances, it's unlikely. In fact I think it's an intentional idea to filch my identity so all the stuff I've published on the other sites can be transferred here under the same handle and of course to receive any due credit.

Am I being paranoid? Not really, in fact I'm pretty damned mad to be honest. I just glanced in the How To section and I see it's started already. My ongoing revision of the Diagnostics Routine is up there (complete with the little note to myself buried in the text). Thanks 'steven' for copying it over without even an acknowledgement. Oh, don't bother, 'T-Cut' doesn't deserve the credit. And I see 'steven', you will be soon updating the Fuel Consumption routine to adjust the computer factor. Well, just copy and paste my updates from t'other channels, that will do it. And take the credit I guess- or will 'T-Cut' want his share too?

Oh, and there is a Copyright issue which the seniors ought to consider.

As you may sense, I'm angry about this and frankly very disappointed. In fact anything you get from 'T-Cut' or 'T-CUT' or 'TCut' or 'TCUT' around here isn't from the genuine article, it's from someone wanting to sit on my back. It's pathetic isn't it.

So, I may pop in as a lurker now and then just to confirm my suspicions, but for now I think this may well be my one and only post.
I'll also be reporting to the established forums and vent my spleen about this.

Very sadly - Goodbye.

Tony Carillo
TC (T-Cut2)

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 14:43 #1 

Last edited by T-Cut on 12 Jun 2010, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Hi Tony. :)

You have evry right to be annoyed, hopefully the Mods on this site can find the offender and sort this matter out..

I hope you change your mind, as you do contribute a lot to the 75ZT people.. :)

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 15:30 #2 

raistlin
T-Cut2 wrote:I notice even my 'KwikFit Twins' artwork has been filched as an avatar without any acknowledgement. A simple 'May I' would suffice.

TC, I take great exception to being called a thief and suggest that you should have asked me privately before shooting yourself in the foot and then I would quite happily have reminded you that I DID ask you whether I could use it, quite some time ago now, to be my avatar on rovergroup and at the same time complimenting you on your sense of humour, to which you replied in the affirmative... you dipstick ;)

With regards to the rest of your work, I have used your diagnostics on more than one occasion and have gratefully acknowledged the help it provided, trying to assist you in validating the information when you asked.

I deplore theft of intellectual property but perhaps it might have been better to make inquiries of the forum admin to ascertain who actually posted it.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:03 #3 

Last edited by raistlin on 12 Jun 2010, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

T-Cut
Paul, thank you for reminding me. I appologise for my comment about your avatar and will withdraw it immediately.
Please continue to use it.

TC

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:13 #4 

raistlin
T-Cut2 wrote:Paul, thank you for reminding me. I appologise for my comment about your avatar and will withdraw it immediately.

TC

Can I assume that you'll take the same action in the numerous other places where you've impugned my integrity Tony?

If so, 'nuff said. :)
Paul

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:22 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
raistlin wrote:
T-Cut2 wrote:Paul, thank you for reminding me. I appologise for my comment about your avatar and will withdraw it immediately.

TC

Can I assume that you'll take the same action in the numerous other places where you've impugned my integrity Tony?

I certainly hope so and also that he might respond to my email and subsequent post on the Owners club forum in the name of Blue Ghost.

I will also add that anyone thinking they can come on to this forum and throw their weight around will get exceedingly short shrift, no matter how well known or established elsewhere.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:45 #6 

raistlin
Mick wrote:
raistlin wrote:

TC

I certainly hope so and also that he might respond to my email and subsequent post on the Owners club forum in the name of Blue Ghost.

I will also add that anyone thinking they can come on to this forum and throw their weight around will get exceedingly short shrift, no matter how well known or established elsewhere.

Your post on the other forum lasted about 5 seconds before it was summarily deleted Mick.

They really do diminish themselves behaving in such a manner. I intended to make that point on the thread but, curiously, it was closed before I could do so.

I wonder if the bulk of members there actually realize the extent to which posts are being deleted with no explanation?

Tony has been as good as his word. I do hope he will return to post in this forum :)
Paul

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 16:54 #7 

Last edited by raistlin on 12 Jun 2010, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
I have just noticed that freedom of speech and a right to respond is as dead as the Owners club's credibility. Utterly pathetic and utterly childish.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:00 #8 

JohnDotCom
Dodo had many posts deleted or just magically disapeer.
What frightens them so much?
Did leave the VIS (Variable Intake System) tester one I'm glad to say.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:03 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:Dodo had many posts deleted or just magically disapeer.
What frightens them so much?
Did leave the VIS tester one I'm glad to say.

If any body wants to know what I posted. It was a request for anybody that has a problem with this forum or anything posted on it then they should contact me directly.

Now that was a scary post

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:06 #10 

dacman
Sounds like a justified post, cannot see the problem myself. I find it very worrying that 'on topic' posts go missing :(

simon

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:15 #11 

Cowley_MOA
I am getting sick and tired with the owners club. It just seems so pathetic and childish this tit for tat deleting of posts and threads along with information being withheld. All it is doing is harming the owners club and the creditablity and integrity of the organisation at a time where major change has taken place. For goodness sake it's a car club!

I speak freely here where I know my opinions will be able to be seen and this post will
remain.

EDIT My problem is not with the moderators on the owners club, they are just following orders
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:16 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for the support chaps. I agree entirely with your sentiments.

I have had a chat with the real TC and he will be logging on shortly in that name. He will be asking for his OP on this thread to be deleted and it will only go at his specific request. Someone is obviously out to cause, trouble / conflict and this time has not succeeded. Any issue that anybody has over any content on this forum, they will please contact me directly and I will deal with it in the most appropriate manner. We will, however, host anything and everything pertaining to these cars wherever it may have originated until such time the original author request we delete it. Everything on the internet is in the public domain unless specifically stated otherwise by the originator at the time of submitting it to the internet.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:51 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
dacman wrote:Sounds like a justified post, cannot see the problem myself. I find it very worrying that 'on topic' posts go missing :(

simon

Something we never did. It's just downright rude.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 17:52 #14 

Zeb
Blue Ghost post has been reinstated.... ;)

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 18:07 #15 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Blue Ghost post has been reinstated.... ;)

Pointless, as all issues have been resolved amicably and I have no further intention of ever looking at the Owners club site again. Whoever deleted the post in the first place needs a lesson in moderating a forum.

Thanks for letting Blue GHost know, I'm sure he really gives a damn. :D

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 18:15 #16 

Mad-Monkey
God, I've only been off for a day, has someone registered as T-Cut in an attempt to cause trouble or is the OP true? I'm losing track of all the sillyness.

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 18:28 #17 

JohnDotCom
We did have three versions of T Cut registered all now sorted I'm glad to say.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 18:30 #18 

takestock
I thought forum rules next door were you informed the poster of the deletion and why :confused:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 19:16 #19 

1gp
intresting read these last few posts.. I for one have moved on , after some silly pm from mods the other night,it made me :angry: which never has happened on that site b4. things seem to be going down hill on the owners club .... think you guys made the right move at just the right time. :D

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 19:29 #20