Hello and Goodbye by T-Cut (Page 3 of 3)

Mick
(Site Admin)
Brigus wrote:
Mick wrote:Thanks for the support chaps. I agree entirely with your sentiments.

I have had a chat with the real TC and he will be logging on shortly in that name. He will be asking for his OP on this thread to be deleted and it will only go at his specific request. Someone is obviously out to cause, trouble / conflict and this time has not succeeded. Any issue that anybody has over any content on this forum, they will please contact me directly and I will deal with it in the most appropriate manner. We will, however, host anything and everything pertaining to these cars wherever it may have originated until such time the original author request we delete it. Everything on the internet is in the public domain unless specifically stated otherwise by the originator at the time of submitting it to the internet.

I hate to get into technicalities but this has been a pet-peeve of mine since being ripped off in a similar way. The internet is not some magical place - it is treated the same as any other media in law. In other words, the burden is not on the originator of the material to assert moral rights - the burden is on anyone who wishes to use the material to determine whether permission is necessary and, regardless, provide attribution. Plagiarism is plagiarism no matter where the material came from - and it is actionable as any publisher will tell you. Sorry for the rant but as I say - this is a common misconception that causes alot of pain to creative people. Anyway... glad it seems to have been resolved.

Thanks for the heads up I thought it was the other way round in this age of the internet and how information is disseminated. I'll definitely keep it in mind but I can't police everything that members may put on here, so, don't be shooting me, if you or anybody else find their intellectual property broadcast here and wish it to be removed. I will comply with any notice or request to remove such.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 11:25 #41 

Mick
(Site Admin)
PaulT wrote:

By the way is Grey Ghost taken? :mrgreen:

Use it at your peril. It has some odd connotations now due to being associated with the management of the owners club for so long. However, as it is the name of my car, I will have to enter into consultation with it to determine whether it can be permitted without becoming contentious.

I'll get back in the near future. :D

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 11:35 #42 

takestock
PaulT wrote:

I can possibly get you a date if you want, i think he is currently single :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 14:28 #43 

CDTi
takestock wrote:
PaulT wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:ireland:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 15:28 #44 

Dave
Cowley_MOA wrote:
raistlin wrote:
takestock wrote:I thought forum rules next door were you informed the poster of the deletion and why :confused:

Now come on Dave, get that sluggish brain working or we'll have to talk sloooooooly. :gmc:

On a more serious note mate, and I don't really care who sees this , I think the way Christopher insulted you was a damned disgrace, and if he thinks that way about you, what on earth are his opinions of us lesser mortals?

I agree with you 100% there Paul it seems as if they are digging their own graves! The rudeness of that particular remark makes me question the integrity of those in charge!

Can I ditto that? I posted over there that I thought it was patronising, but it was really downright rude... :evil:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 15:30 #45 

sudderz71
takestock wrote:
PaulT wrote:

Hi Mick just wanted to say i thought what was said on the other side was well out of order it seems to be going downhill fast over there which is a shame,on another note can't understand why you were not asked to be a mod with your wealth of technical knowledge. :confused:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 15:34 #46 

T-Cut
Hello (again) everyone, I've read all your comments and thank you for your frankness. I've have of course apologised publically to Paul (Raistlin) about the copyright thing and that's amicably settled. Thanks also to Mick for his help. I really don't think there's anything to add regarding my OP which I would now like locked or preferably deleted.

I'm just trying to upload my HowTo on the Shannon Tube, but it's playing up (the site, not the Shannon Tube). Something about not being able to detect image sizes. Anyway it's a start.

TC (for real)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:14 #47 

Zeb
Good to see you.... :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:18 #48 

raistlin
Nice to see you posting Tony :)

I always look forward to reading your How-to documents, even if they don't directly relate to VeeKay.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:19 #49 

Mick
(Site Admin)
T-Cut wrote:Hello (again) everyone, I've read all your comments and thank you for your frankness. I've have of course apologised publically to Paul (Raistlin) about the copyright thing and that's amicably settled. Thanks also to Mick for his help. I really don't think there's anything to add regarding my OP which I would now like locked or preferably deleted.

I'm just trying to upload my HowTo on the Shannon Tube, but it's playing up (the site, not the Shannon Tube). Something about not being able to detect image sizes. Anyway it's a start.

TC (for real)

Hi TC

That report usually means the file name is incorrect or is not where it is expected, doesn't seem to be to do with image sizes as I get that report for pdf and other documents as well.

PM me if you still having a problem and I will sort it out for you.

I'd rather leave your OP on this thread as it will make a nonsense of the open discussion following if deleted. There are also many points brought up in this thread that are not directly related. We all know the score now so onwards and upwards. :). Anybody that has had dealings with me on the club forum knows that I will always endeavour to sort out problems in an amicable, fair and diplomatic manner, there it was always in private, here I am at liberty to do it in public. I have no shame and will always prefer things out in the open. You may also know that I will not stand for any nonsense either.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 16:53 #50 

takestock
TC ( for real )

Love it :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 17:16 #51 

MrB
Good to see you TC (for real)
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 20:18 #52 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:
PaulT wrote:

The cheque will be in the post or do you prefer piepal these days. :)

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 20:34 #53 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:The cheque will be in the post or do you prefer piepal these days. :)

Pie will always be the first choice. :D

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 20:40 #54 

geesmith
T-Cut wrote:Hello (again) everyone, I've read all your comments and thank you for your frankness. I've have of course apologised publically to Paul (Raistlin) about the copyright thing and that's amicably settled. Thanks also to Mick for his help. I really don't think there's anything to add regarding my OP which I would now like locked or preferably deleted.

TC (for real)

Thanks for posting TC. I hope the originators(?) of the trouble in the OP aren't imaging their actions count for anything on an adult level. Intriguing how quickly news of the 'conflict' spread. Giving up the moral high ground is an unfathomable tactic. It would appear that we can fortunately get back to caring less now.
Monday morning is imminent and I'm already looking forward to the drive to work in the mobile lounge.I'm confident that will continue for a long time thanks to the contributions by such as yourself. Thank you for your efforts. ;)

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 00:00 #55 

Dave
Piepal :mrgreen: I like it!!

.com has been taken (see http://www.piepal.com) which is food related but not pies... (dumplings apparently!)

www.piepal.co.uk still available! Snap it up!

Posted 14 Jun 2010, 07:58 #56 

Ragman
Great to see you on here T-Cut, always a great source of help, knowledge and support

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 18:50 #57 

mark d3
good to see tc on here,he knows the marque backwards but there's a lot of friction going down hopefully this resolution will resolve that,not good seeing respected members like tc and raistlin at logger heads,but there's a lot of frustration and confusion gone down in past weeks hopefully the dust is settling
mark

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 20:54 #58