Hello and Goodbye by T-Cut (Page 2 of 3)

Rammie
Speaking for myself, I flit between the 2 Forums and, although I don't post much on either I do like to have a delve / read what others are posting. (Nosy Git!!)

I personally think that the Owners forum has certainly taken a step backwards over the last few days. Where there was lots of friendly banter this seems to have been replaced by lots of nit picking and a certain amount of falling out and is not the place it used to be. :confused:

All this is a shame as these forum's are / were I believe, set up to help keep the MGR car's in the public domain and keep alive the interest / love affair that many, many people have with these timeless cars.

Well, that's my bit on it anyway. ;)
Brian

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:26 #21 

JohnDotCom
As said by a Honourable gentleman on here, it isn't a Members Club now, but a Limited Company first I'm afraid.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:36 #22 

raistlin
takestock wrote:I thought forum rules next door were you informed the poster of the deletion and why :confused:

Now come on Dave, get that sluggish brain working or we'll have to talk sloooooooly. :gmc:

On a more serious note mate, and I don't really care who sees this , I think the way Christopher insulted you was a damned disgrace, and if he thinks that way about you, what on earth are his opinions of us lesser mortals?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 21:46 #23 

Cowley_MOA
raistlin wrote:
takestock wrote:I thought forum rules next door were you informed the poster of the deletion and why :confused:

Now come on Dave, get that sluggish brain working or we'll have to talk sloooooooly. :gmc:

On a more serious note mate, and I don't really care who sees this , I think the way Christopher insulted you was a damned disgrace, and if he thinks that way about you, what on earth are his opinions of us lesser mortals?

I agree with you 100% there Paul it seems as if they are digging their own graves! The rudeness of that particular remark makes me question the integrity of those in charge!
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:08 #24 

DeuxGazoles
I was personally disgusted by that & by the way he tried to jovially change the subject :mad1:

And here was me trying not to get involved in this political nonesense :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:10 #25 

JohnDotCom
DeuxGazoles wrote:I was personally disgusted by that & by the way he tried to jovially change the subject :mad1:

And here was me trying not to get involved in this political nonesense :gmc:

Isn't easy is it? :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:18 #26 

MrB
I joined both at around the same time. Having seen the, sort of, introduction of the commencement of this forum on the other side. (where have all the mods gone etc ...)

All I can say is I seem to use the other side as a bit of a reference and this is where I seek conversation, entertainment and knowledge.

Of course in the near future the database will be up and running here and I will have no need to expose myself to the sillyness on there anymore.

Think that sums it up really.

Keep up the good work guys.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:23 #27 

DeuxGazoles
JohnDotCom wrote:Isn't easy is it? :gmc:

It's not John but I'm really trying my best :gmc:

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:37 #28 

DeuxGazoles
MrB wrote:and this is where I seek conversation, entertainment and knowledge.

You'll learn :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 12 Jun 2010, 22:39 #29 

Brigus
Mick wrote:Thanks for the support chaps. I agree entirely with your sentiments.

I have had a chat with the real TC and he will be logging on shortly in that name. He will be asking for his OP on this thread to be deleted and it will only go at his specific request. Someone is obviously out to cause, trouble / conflict and this time has not succeeded. Any issue that anybody has over any content on this forum, they will please contact me directly and I will deal with it in the most appropriate manner. We will, however, host anything and everything pertaining to these cars wherever it may have originated until such time the original author request we delete it. Everything on the internet is in the public domain unless specifically stated otherwise by the originator at the time of submitting it to the internet.

I hate to get into technicalities but this has been a pet-peeve of mine since being ripped off in a similar way. The internet is not some magical place - it is treated the same as any other media in law. In other words, the burden is not on the originator of the material to assert moral rights - the burden is on anyone who wishes to use the material to determine whether permission is necessary and, regardless, provide attribution. Plagiarism is plagiarism no matter where the material came from - and it is actionable as any publisher will tell you. Sorry for the rant but as I say - this is a common misconception that causes alot of pain to creative people. Anyway... glad it seems to have been resolved.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 03:19 #30 

takestock
DeuxGazoles wrote:You'll learn :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not Me, I'm officially ...slow...
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:20 #31 

solo.cab
Will the real T-Cut on this site please stand up and be counted I like to know who I am dealing with
Malcolm

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:28 #32 

Zeb
solo.cab wrote:Will the real T-Cut on this site please stand up and be counted I like to know who I am dealing with
Malcolm

You have to be careful with that T-cut...it can be a touch abrasive if it's misused... :lol:

Glad it is all sorted....

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:37 #33 

Rammie
Mick wrote:
I have had a chat with the real TC and he will be logging on shortly in that name.

I think he will be along shortly, according to the above. :confused:
Brian

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:38 #34 

MrB
solo.cab wrote:Will the real T-Cut on this site please stand up and be counted I like to know who I am dealing with
Malcolm

Interesting 1st post.
I believe Mick has already clarified this in earlier posts. There were several imposters enrolled here with TC's name, or variations there of. This is no longer the case.

If and when TC has something to say, I feel sure he will.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:41 #35 

Trebor
sad to see this happening but glad that a sensible conversation can be had on this forum with all views there to be seen, long may it continue
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 07:54 #36 

phenonix
After reading the T-Cut plagarism issue on all 3 sites i get the feeling this was done intentionally to make this new site look bad, T-Cut would obviously joined this forum at some stage with his wealth of knowledge and what was done seemed to be done not to get his credit but to make this site loose face, glad to see it did the right thing so quickly to fix it.
Obviously at some stage someone would have realized it was not the real T-Cut so it seems rather ill planned.
On another note some of the things Christopher is saying and getting away with on the other site without anyone deleting HIS comments is shocking.

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 08:26 #37 

starbug2
things at times are more like a school yard with some forums :censored: :confused: it is sad that other wise good places turn to :stirer: :hissyfit: :censored: remember the cars :thumbsup:

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 08:56 #38 

PaulT
T-Cut glad that this has been sorted and that you will be joining us.

I hope that the real T-Cut does not ask for this thread to be deleted. I think it shows mature debate can be had on a Forum without posts being deleted that would otherwise have be ability of making the thread to lean in the direction preferred by the person with the deletion power.

I suppose the real problem is that there are no laws that dictate that a persons user name on one forum is that which must be reserved on all other fora. However, within the 75 and ZT global community then prominent people would be known and good manners should dictate that they will not be taken by others - unless this is the first forum that someone encounters and for some reason decides to use a name already in use elsewhere.

By the way is Grey Ghost taken? :mrgreen:
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 09:43 #39 

raistlin
DeuxGazoles wrote:
JohnDotCom wrote:Isn't easy is it? :gmc:

It's not John but I'm really trying my best :gmc:

It isn't politics, of course. Rather a sense of outrage and a sense of wanting 'fair-play' and if those feelings are strong enough to make an individual comment then there's hope for us all :)

Sounds trite, I know but written genuinely :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Jun 2010, 09:46 #40