Heater Control Dead by 4oh

4oh
OK this is my first ever post in 10 years of ZT-T CDTI ownership, in 180,000 miles everything has been perfect! but I had to change the battery in my auto cdti the other day and ever since the heater control panel has no power, I have checked the fuses under bonnet and under dash and all are OK I have even swapped the dash control unit with my other manual ZT-T and both are working so I'm wondering if there are any in line fuses which I'm not finding?

Posted 12 Jun 2014, 09:28 #1 

Duncan
I'm not aware of in line fuses except on V8s. Is everything else working OK? How did you check the fuses by looking or with a meter? If a meter, did you pull the fuse out to tests, or check for voltage on both sides?

Posted 12 Jun 2014, 13:22 #2 

4oh
Hi Duncan everything else is working OK I visually checked the fuses maybe I'll try swapping them over with my other ZT-T !

Posted 12 Jun 2014, 14:39 #3 

DaveyC
Try unplugging the heater control unit, then plugging it back in. I had this happen on mine about 18 months ago. It cured mine. No idea why but it was a simple fix. :-)

Posted 12 Jun 2014, 15:37 #4 

4oh
Done that, even works in my other ZT-T so not the unit and I've swapped fuses between cars too. :-|

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 13 Jun 2014, 08:08 #5 

Duncan
An odd one, then. Do you have a multimeter? If so check the power feeds and ground in the plugs at the back of the unit.

Posted 13 Jun 2014, 08:14 #6 

4oh
Right multimeter is reading the same kind of numbers in both cars !! not sure what it should be set at though?

Posted 17 Jun 2014, 10:45 #7