Heated seat upgrade by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
I understand there is an upgrade in the pipeline, does anyone have an update? Last I read was that the replacement thermostats had still to arrive. There was even a mention of a mini-nano meet to have the seats upgraded. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 17:47 #1 

SpongeBob
I seem to recall a conversation about this too. I'm waiting for warmer climes before stripping the seats out to fit the elements in my car... :gmc: If I do get around to fitting them though I too would look into fitting "improved" versions.

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 20:30 #2 

raistlin
There was supposed to be a mini nano at Bernard's this coming weekend but as far as I'm aware almost nobody has received the thermostats yet.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Dec 2010, 20:35 #3 

Bermudan 75
Any news on your thermostats Paul?

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 11:12 #4 

raistlin
Rover418275 wrote:Any news on your thermostats Paul?

Yes,

They are a "little delayed" but should arrive soon... at an address in France :(

I also note that the e-bay listing has been removed :evil:
Paul

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 11:27 #5 

Bernard
raistlin wrote:There was supposed to be a mini nano at Bernard's this coming weekend but as far as I'm aware almost nobody has received the thermostats yet.

We are going ahead with what we have got.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 14:24 #6 

raistlin
Bernard wrote:
raistlin wrote:There was supposed to be a mini nano at Bernard's this coming weekend but as far as I'm aware almost nobody has received the thermostats yet.

We are going ahead with what we have got.

Good :)

Any excuse for a get together :mrgreen:
Paul

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 15:13 #7 

Bermudan 75
I understand that this was a successful upgrade......... :thumbsup:

Will there be any pics and a 'How To' ?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 13 Dec 2010, 12:19 #8 

Trebor
still not had mine delivered but i used a set of Bernards, have tested mine over a few days now temp gets to around 36c before the switch cuts out, and putting the switch straight back on doesnt work for me, i intend to try a normal switch so it doesnt cut out and then see what happens to the temp, will report back when done.
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Dec 2010, 22:36 #9 

Bermudan 75
Is there any further news about this upgrade?

It seems to me that the current (excuse the pun) situation (factory setting) of the heated seats cutting out and not being able to be switched back on without the ignition being turned off is not acceptable.

The upgrade was, I believe to deliver a higher temperature to the seats and an ability to keep this temperature as long as the switch was on.

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 31 Dec 2010, 17:54 #10 

Trebor
now got my temp switch fitted on the drivers side heated seat to bypass the timer in the oem switch, but still doesnt get above 36 so i will be trying different stats over the next few days, there will be a how to as when i have cracked it i intend to use an alrternative oem switch in the central bank on the dash so the mod looks completely oem, so watch this space and i will report back asap
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Jan 2011, 23:20 #11