Heated Seat temperature by paul d

paul d
Hi all

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the temperature to the heated seat elements. My thought was to add a higher value sensor (i think the standard are 32') in the circuit before the standard one of say 38'.

Any thoughts, ideas, sugestions will be welcome.

Regards

Paul

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 09:51 #1 

raistlin
I know Rob fitted alternative thermostats in the seat heater wiring. Presumably a different thermostat would have the desired effect.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 09:54 #2 

paul d
raistlin wrote:I know Rob fitted alternative thermostats in the seat heater wiring. Presumably a different thermostat would have the desired effect.

Thanks Paul

Will have to have a chat with him. As the weather is starting to turn & it's my first Winter with a 75 i thought it would be good to have the temperature slightly higher so they work more often.

Regards

Paul

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 10:01 #3 

Trebor
I have uprated mine Paul and the chapter and verse is on a thread on the OC, just dont go to high.

I spent lots of time on this in fact too much and came to the conclusion that they are poor on the 75 and not as good as other manufacturers, so an aftermarket kit has been on my list ever since but not got around to doing it yet but been thinking of it again recently as a mod i might do to the ZT

The latet elements are carbon and heat up quicker with a variation of heat settings, works out at about £40 a seat, uprating the stats wont cost much in fact i have some in the garage somewhere you can have foc if you want, but if ever my elements fail i would not replace with oem but go down the aftermarket route
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 10:16 #4 

paul d
Thanks Rob

Yeah i've heard about the carbon ones & it's an avenue i may persue in time when my heads a little better. The uprated ones would be brilliant mate. Do you still have my address? If i make the Nano (not sure because of the head thing)(which is why i've not put my name down) breakfast is on me.

Regards

Paul

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 10:47 #5 

raistlin
How easy is it to strip the leather seat covers to get to the elements?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 11:40 #6 

Duncan
We have stripped seat covers off at a Nano, but it's not a ten minute job. The covers come off, fixed to the foams. You then have to remove hog rings, and replace them when refitting the covers to the foams.

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 13:03 #7 

paul d
raistlin wrote:How easy is it to strip the leather seat covers to get to the elements?

Hi Paul

Over the next week or two as my head improves i'll be able to let you know as i'll be doing it on another pair of seats.

As this could take a while as the other pair are for a long term project, i was looking for a sort of "quick fix" for the original seats in the car. Will be reading the thread Rob suggested to see.

Will certainlly be able to report back on the cover removal.

Regards

Paul

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 13:11 #8 

paul d
Duncan wrote:We have stripped seat covers off at a Nano, but it's not a ten minute job. The covers come off, fixed to the foams. You then have to remove hog rings, and replace them when refitting the covers to the foams.

Hi Duncan

I'm guessing then that the heating element is between the leather cover & the foam.

Regards

Paul

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 13:13 #9 

Trebor
Yes that is correct Paul, best to tackle the job with the seat out but from the back of the seat cushion and bottom of the base that way you can access the stats by just peeling the covers back a few inches without having to remove the entire seat covers, might also work if replacing elements if you are lucky.
There is a hole in the foam where the wiring passes through
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 12 Oct 2013, 23:16 #10 

paul d
Cheers Rob

Sounds like it's a fun job. The things we do for progress eh.!

Regards

Paul

Posted 13 Oct 2013, 06:06 #11