In the N/S the lower connector to the screen has seperated from the screen

So the questions are

a) can it be reattached?
b) with what?

Thanks in advance

Colin

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 12:39 #1 

Duncan
They are soldered on originally, but I'm always nervous about trying to re-solder as it might break the glass.

I have to do a similar job for the antenna on my tourer. You can get conudctive glue from ebay but for your HRW don't be tempted as it has some resistance. Maybe some epoxy glue, then the silver loaded paint to reconnect it? Not tried this so am guessing it would be OK.

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 13:32 #2 

Ragman
Thanks Duncan - been pointed in this direction

http://cpc.farnell.com/chemtronics/cw24 ... tt=sa02346

Not cheap but nor is a new screen

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 13:36 #3 

Duncan
Looks good, apart from the price. Notice on the data sheet you need the car in the warm (25C or above) or the conductivity will be reduced.

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 13:48 #4 

Ragman
Yep - that is going to be a challenge

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 14:14 #5 

JohnDotCom
Notice on the data sheet you need the car in the warm (25C or above) or the conductivity will be reduced.

That is going to be a lot of fun in UK over next 5 months or so.....just when you need it working.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 19:06 #6 

Ragman
JohnDotCom wrote:
Notice on the data sheet you need the car in the warm (25C or above) or the conductivity will be reduced.

That is going to be a lot of fun in UK over next 5 months or so.....just when you need it working.

Great time to have the carpets out too!

Posted 26 Nov 2011, 21:54 #7 

JohnDotCom
Have you tried Les at SMC Trading or Corin aka Messenger, they both did have rear glass s/h in stock, cheaper than new but not sure how cheap.

Does your car insurance cover broken rear screens without loss of no claims? I know some do for all glass.
You did say it got broke didn't you? :-o :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 12:06 #8 

Ragman
I do have a spare oddly enough (from Corin) fitting it is just another expense I could do without at the moment

I'll check insurance cover though - are screens for cars with TV's different or is it one size fits all?

Posted 27 Nov 2011, 14:50 #9