Heard a loud ping from my ZTT. by Tootall

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Tootall
I have a feeling that one of my rear springs may have broken while on holiday last week boot space full plus a large roofbox (not had the courage to have a good look yet) the n/s/r has dropped by about 10/15mm the car still drives OK, were all ZTT's with std setup fitted with RQ/brown springs or should i remove the rear seat to be sure. Rimmers are quoting £170 for a pair is that a good price or can they be found cheaper elsewhere?
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 11 Aug 2012, 19:38 #1 

JakeWilson
Believe there were two codes, one for sports and one standard. Don't know the rears but I know Brown/Red is standard and Brown/Brown is sports!

Posted 11 Aug 2012, 20:15 #2 

Tourerfogey
Quote: I have a feeling that one of my rear springs may have broken while on holiday last week

This is conclusive evidence that you shouldn't allow your rear springs to go holiday.

Hope you get it sorted.

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 22:46 #3 

weeman
Maybe just a shocker away!, mine used to "ping" every now again over a speed bump but the spring was fine. Have a wee check before splashing the cash.

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 15:40 #4 

Bolin
I once had a loud 'TWANG' but it appears that it was just a stone stuck in the spring and getting crushed - the spring was fine.

However, the suspension dropping is a bad sign. I had a front spring changed last year at my (then) local garage, cost just over £100 inc labour for the one.

Posted 16 Aug 2012, 17:48 #5