Headlight adjuster by raistlin

raistlin
The driver's side vertical headlight adjuster on VeeKay seems to have taken flight. I mean the white hex and blue thingy just aren't there.
Does anybody know if there is a way of adjusting the headlight without please? Or can the parts be re-fitted?

Thanks
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 16 Dec 2013, 15:55 #1 

persuer
Just found this Paul after a search on the tinternet, may help.

Not sure if you can get the cogs separately, but when the adjuster worked loose on mine I did a 'quick fix' using the inside of a cable terminal block like this...

You just need the inside of one connector, then cut it in half so you have a short hollow block with a single screw in it. Slip it over the end of the adjuster rod and then use a pair of pliers to pull the adjuster rod out of the back of the lamp until it's at the correct height (line the beam up against a wall and compare it with the other side). Once it's in the correct position tighted the screw so that the rod is held in place.

It's just about do-able single handed, but easier if you can get someone else to tighten up the screw while you keep the light in position.

Posted 19 Dec 2013, 22:44 #2 

ceedy
On my Zt it seems the shaft went rusty and the white cog came loose and fell off ,but i got another pair from a breakers.

Cleaned up the shaft but the cog was a still a bit loose.. I found a Small red fibre washer that was a tight push fit on the shaft,
it actually held tight enough to hold the light in the right position , and then also it stopped the ingress of the epoxy I used to stick the cog back on,
would not be good for the glue to get down the shaft and jam it up .. .

Been on for 2 years now with no problems .

Chris
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 19 Dec 2013, 23:25 #3 

raistlin
Thanks both :)
Paul

Posted 20 Dec 2013, 07:45 #4 

Arctic
(Trader)
Paul the cog parts can be refitted I sent out two sets earlier this year, I may have some left I would really need to get down into the shed, will try this over the next few days if in the mean time you obtain some please let me know Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 21 Dec 2013, 13:56 #5 

raistlin
Thanks Steve, that would be a great help :)
Paul

Posted 21 Dec 2013, 14:18 #6 

Devilish
Arctic wrote:really need to get down into the shed, will try this over the next few days

2 days to get to your shed & back, gee whiz you must have a big garden, or
Should call you Zimmer Brothers
If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Posted 22 Dec 2013, 08:12 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
:lol: nice one I managed half way and was notified by Paul that the plastic fitments on the back of the light were broken also so no need for the cogs,so left the frame by the shed and got back in time for yesterdays dinner :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Dec 2013, 01:50 #8