Have I got something nasty on my PC? by PaulT

• Related topics: (no related topics)

PaulT
Keep finding I have to log in to the forum - i.e. read a posting, click on 'whats new' and I have to log back in again and this can happen several times
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 18:54 #1 

JohnDotCom
Cannot see anything that would be causing this our end Paul, do a scan for Spam, viruses etc.
Clear all the cookies and start a fresh may even help.

I'm sure our Guru will be along shortly to advise.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 19:31 #2 

Duncan
Oh, I thought it was just me.

If it is something nasty, my home and work PCs both have it.

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 19:38 #3 

SpongeBob
Will that guru be me, perchance? :ugeek: :-D

As John says, clear out your cookies and ensure you allow websites to save cookies (if need be, save us a "trusted site" so cookies will be saved from us even if you wish to block third-party websites). Nothing this end will prevent you from having to keep logging in. Ensure you've ticked the "Remember me?" button too next to the login box.

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 19:38 #4 

JohnDotCom
SpongeBob wrote:Will that guru be me, perchance? :ugeek: :-D

Well I thought he hasn't anything much better to do. :-D :stirer:
John

I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 19:49 #5 

Duncan
SpongeBob wrote:Will that guru be me, perchance? :ugeek: :-D

As John says, clear out your cookies and ensure you allow websites to save cookies (if need be, save us a "trusted site" so cookies will be saved from us even if you wish to block third-party websites). Nothing this end will prevent you from having to keep logging in. Ensure you've ticked the "Remember me?" button too next to the login box.

In my case, I don't think that's the problem. It's been fine on both machines for years, but done it a couple of times over the last wto days. One is win 7 / IE9, the other XP / IE 6 (I think, certainly ancient).

Posted 30 Jun 2011, 21:01 #6 

SpongeBob
We've certainly not changed anything out end so most peculiar :confused:

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 17:31 #7 

PaulT
Duncan for me it has only recently started on a Windows7 machine. My XP machine at work does not have the problem - not that I look at the forum when at work - oh definitely not.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 20:28 #8 

JohnDotCom
I have found a few weird things with IE9, try using Firefox or Chrome to prove a point.
John

Posted 01 Jul 2011, 21:32 #9 

Duncan
Been OK again since, and I seem to remember Facebook doing the same a couple of times over that same period, now I think about it. Maybe an update caused it to lose track of cookies?

Posted 02 Jul 2011, 11:00 #10