Have I got off lightly? by takestock

• Related topics: (no related topics)

takestock
Sons 21st, So I ask the usual question

"What would you like for your special day, something you will remember for the rest of your life?"

Just dropped him and his girlfriend at Manchester Airport. 7 days all inclusive right in the centre of Playa de la Americas in tenerife. That was his request, Neither of them have been abroad without family before, should be a bit of an adventure for them

Cannot help thinking I have escaped a real financial battering. Still cost the wrong side of £1000 with a bit of pocket money but it could have been worse I suppose :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 15:21 #1 

JohnDotCom
Got off lightly?....................until the company goes bump! :D :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 16:38 #2 

Tourerfogey
I think the point is you gave him what he wanted. :)

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 16:38 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I still have the watch my parents bought me for my 21st, got just what I asked for too. :)

It will be passed on to someone I think will appreciate it.

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 17:03 #4 

takestock
JohnDotCom wrote:....................until the company goes bump! :D :gmc:

No chance, I have a mate on the inside, lives in Wales :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 17:13 #5 

Last edited by takestock on 11 Dec 2010, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

zojosc
I got a silver key in a card that unlocked nothing and a pint of bitter from my old man.............and loads of love. Can't ask for much else and I still miss the last bit.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 18:28 #6 

takestock
Last bit is priceless :) :)

My son had a real soft spot for my mum who we lost almost 10 yr ago. He still visits her grave every month.

Unbeknown to him I have saved my mum's eternity ring all this time, as a surprise I presented him with a 21" 20gm gold neck chain with the ring on, Best cuddle and cry me and my lad have ever had.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 18:57 #7 

JohnDotCom
takestock wrote:Last bit is priceless :) :)

My son had a real soft spot for my mum who we lost almost 10 yr ago. He still visits her grave every month.

Unbeknown to him I have saved my mum's eternity ring all this time, as a surprise I presented him with a 21" 20gm gold neck chain with the ring on, Best cuddle and cry me and my lad have ever had.

Nice one Dave. :)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 19:07 #8 

Tourerfogey
takestock wrote:Last bit is priceless :) :)

I bet there are aren't many 21 year old lads who visit their Grandmothers grave every month - helps to restore my faith in the younger generation. :)

Posted 11 Dec 2010, 22:05 #9