Have a knocking (nearside front) by Dallas

Dallas
Think I have an issue with the Bush & housing assembly - lower arm (nearside front), last year I noticed it was perishing badly.

The last few months have herd a knock when on bumpy roads, defiantly sounds like a worn out Bush of some sort. This last week the knock is more frequent and getting louder, will have to book it in this week me thinks........ anyone had this job done and have an idea on price ? :roll:

Thanks!
Wes. ;)

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 21:17 #1 

takestock
Good quality Void bush as around £65 each and a couple of hours labour per side. check the drop links as well, known to wear and cause knocks.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 22:10 #2 

Dallas
Thanks Dave :)

I had the O/S Drop Link (anti roll bar) done a few months back, N/S was an advisory (so maybe thats the culprit then) I should of had both replaced at same time me thinks...... :gmc:

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 22:17 #3 

Duncan
I have seen questions asked about the quality of some of the aftermarket droplinks, wearing out very quickly. So don't rule it out!

Not personal experience, but some have reported it.

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 22:29 #4 

Dallas
Well she's booked in for next Tuesday, so lets just hope she don't need to much doing.... ;)

.............. She also needs two new front tyres and I am wanting to get a wheel and tyre package but we will see, might have to be just tyres...... :roll: :hissyfit:

Posted 02 Nov 2010, 20:18 #5 

takestock
Duncan wrote:I have seen questions asked about the quality of some of the aftermarket droplinks, wearing out very quickly. So don't rule it out!

Not personal experience, but some have reported it.

Please, do your self a favour,

DO NOT buy the cheapo drop links, worn out in well under 4k.

DO NOT buy cheapo Void bushes, they lasted even less miles,

i have oem or oem quality fitted now :) but I learned the hard way :em:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Nov 2010, 21:21 #6 

Dallas
Yeah! thanks for that Dave :thumbsup:

I've had a look on ebay etc and I can see what you mean on none OEM cheap ones, I thought of doing the job myself and saving some money but when it comes to jacking the car up etc on a gravel drive (it don't really work), I am actually at the start of having the drive tarmaced or block paved so thats more money spent :roll: want it done before xmas.......

I don't mind spending £50 to £80 on labour charges if it saves me on scraping me knuckles to the bone on a cold day and climbing around on a wet dirt drive....... :rolling:

Yep! will try and opt for the better OEM parts if feasible......

Thanks guys......

Posted 02 Nov 2010, 21:34 #7 

Dallas
Well! she is going in tomorrow, I'm nervous as hell :panic: its like waiting to see the Dentist...... :lol:

I just hope she don't need much doing and its nothing serious...... :roll:

Posted 08 Nov 2010, 20:17 #8 

MrB
Hoping it is nothing too severe or painful on the wallet.

I have a had a knocking at low speed on mine, from the driver's front corner.

When having the clutch done Andy informed me I need a new lower wishbone on that corner as one of the ball joints has gone.

It's going to cost me around £130 to £150 for an OEM quality wishbone fitting.

As others have said, cheaper pattern parts are available but their ability to cover the miles on UK rides is debatable.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 13:45 #9 

Last edited by MrB on 10 Nov 2010, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
Hi Guys!
...............a happy bunny I am..... :D

She was in this morning and the only thing she needed was a new N/S Drop-link, WOW! nothing else (I cant believe it). :o ...................... Total cost with labour was a shocking unbelievable low amount of £60.78 inc VAT :o :o :o Not Bad.

So I found myself a Great low price £35 an hour Mechanic (G.T Car Repairs) the mans name is Jason, great bloke he is :clap: :hail:

Now for the new Front Tyres...... or........ New wheels and tyres........??????? :rolling:

Posted 09 Nov 2010, 21:38 #10 

takestock
Result, :D hope he fitted a good quality one :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 06:49 #11 

MrB
takestock wrote:Result, :D hope he fitted a good quality one :D

For £60 so do I :D.

Am pretty certain at that price it will have been a good quality part.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 10:27 #12 

Dallas
Should be an original :D

Should also had both done last MOT really :gmc: 'we live and learn' as they say...... ;)

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 13:10 #13 

takestock
You and me both :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 10 Nov 2010, 14:47 #14