Harrier retirement by Bermudan 75 (Page 2 of 2)

Duncan
PaulT wrote:Many years ago I listened to a radio play about war in the future.

Armies no longer fought but battles took place between two opposing computers. After the computer battle each side would be told how many members of their army had to be killed.

Paul

I remember something similar, but it was on TV. A story in Star Trek, or something similar?

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 08:00 #21 

JakeWilson

Armies no longer fought but battles took place between two opposing computers. After the computer battle each side would be told how many members of their army had to be killed.

I suppose if that became reality this country would be using a ZX Spectrum.

Paul

Just wait for the app to come out for your phone that does the same thing?

iWar anyone?

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 09:02 #22 

starbug2

Paul

a bit like a star trek ep with Kirk. a ZX Spectrum ! no more like a zx 81 (i had one of them )

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 16:35 #23 

Duncan
starbug2 wrote:

Paul

a bit like a star trek ep with Kirk. a ZX Spectrum ! no more like a zx 81 (i had one of them )

Thought it was. Thought you'd know what I meant, too.

Seem to remember the enterprise crew couldn't believe that people just accepted they had to go to die. Is that right?

Posted 17 Dec 2010, 19:41 #24 

starbug2
Duncan wrote:
starbug2 wrote:

Paul

Thought it was. Thought you'd know what I meant, too.

Seem to remember the enterprise crew couldn't believe that people just accepted they had to go to die. Is that right?

i think they did , a while since a saw it i recall they really panic when Kirk destroys the computer forcing them to face real war or sort it out

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 19:18 #25 

JohnDotCom
It's alright the Chinese are building their first of three carriers.
Why does that slightly worry me?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 Dec 2010, 20:58 #26 

Bermudan 75
For Chinese carrier read Belgrano.

Posted 20 Dec 2010, 17:48 #27