Harman Kardon for my Connie SE, will it fit? by BingleyThe75

BingleyThe75
Bingley (as my 75 is affectionately known) has a rear sunblind, but I'm looking at getting the Harman Kardon system for it. Will the subwoofer fit under the parcel shelf with the sunblind in place or are they mutually exclusive?
In a cold world, it's a warm place,
Where you know that you're supposed to be.

Posted 22 Nov 2012, 02:03 #1 

dissy1810
The sub bolts into the boot so yes it will fit I have both the blind and sub in my car

Posted 22 Nov 2012, 04:10 #2 

BingleyThe75
Awesome :D Thanks for the advice. I just wasn't sure as most of the HK systems on ebay come with a replacement parcel shelf and none seemed to have the blind aperture.

Posted 23 Nov 2012, 18:27 #3 

MN190
If you can you want the parcel shelf for the grill cover

Posted 23 Nov 2012, 20:34 #4 

BingleyThe75
Does the parcel ashelf have any special mouldings for the grill cover or are they the same but have a hole cut in?

Posted 18 Jun 2013, 17:57 #5 

Duncan
As far as I know, it's a hole cut in. My shelf had the grille and a blind already, so they do come that way.

Posted 18 Jun 2013, 18:07 #6 

Bolin
It's 5 holes, one big central one for the grille vent, plus four small ones around it for the grille lugs to poke through, these are held on by a washer-thing with teeth on the inside (sorry can't remember what they are called).

Posted 05 Jul 2013, 14:46 #7 

BingleyThe75
Thanks guys. Found a setup on eBay, from a member of the owners club. Must admit I went on a shopping spree while I was there. Serif serpents, mudflaps, new grille and a rear offside light unit as mine was cracked. Just need to fit it now. Anyone know what bolts I need for the sub bar?

Posted 18 Dec 2013, 13:39 #8 

Duncan
The fixings are two pieces. There's a plastic rectangular part, a bit like a rawlpug, that pushes into the square holes beneath the shelf. Then there are some hex headed self tapper style screws that hold the sub up. I did buy some once so I'll see if I can find the part numbers.

EDIT: they are here
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID001637
ADU6552 for the plastic bit (called a locut nut, part 12)
DYP100850 for the screw. (part 13)

Posted 18 Dec 2013, 20:05 #9