Happiness is... by calibrax

• Related topics: (no related topics)

calibrax
... finally getting your car back!

Since my engine failure I've been running around in a hired Vauxhall Insignia. Petrol. Manual. Not much power. And not much fun!

But now.... 2 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours after my engine failure... I am finally reunited with my baby! The replacement engine is running beautifully, and at the correct temperature (87-88c) for the first time in over a year - I had the garage fit a brand new OEM thermostat, as it's a quick job with the engine out of the car. They also changed the auto gearbox fluid and it definitely changes gear much more smoothly now. New filters and fluids all round in fact... and even the air conditioning was re-gassed. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat, so happy to be back in my MG. :mrgreen:

A big thumbs up for Apple MG... as they had to fit my car in around the pre-booked work they had. I can't praise them highly enough - friendly, helpful service. The bill even came in below the estimate! :hail: :clap:
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 27 Jan 2011, 18:16 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Fantastic result, must be like driving a new car. Very pleased for you and well done Apple MG.

Posted 27 Jan 2011, 18:21 #2 

takestock
"The bill even came in below the estimate"

That has to be a first, glad it's all gone well. :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 27 Jan 2011, 18:36 #3 

kandyman
Glad to hear it all went better than planned. Now you'll have to get her a nice treat at the weekend and give her a good clean ;)

Posted 27 Jan 2011, 20:20 #4 

SpongeBob
Excellent news! :) Kudos to the mechanics who did the work. :thumbsup:

Posted 28 Jan 2011, 00:37 #5 

JohnDotCom
Excellent news. May you now continue the driving experience again.
Garage sounds a good one to. Great work all round.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 28 Jan 2011, 01:04 #6 

Ragman
That's great news, really pleased to hear it

Posted 28 Jan 2011, 14:47 #7 

Jürgen
Steve, it's good to read this finally. I wish you a trouble free motoring from now on. :thumbsup:

Posted 29 Jan 2011, 11:11 #8 

starbug2
Jürgen wrote:Steve, it's good to read this finally. I wish you a trouble free motoring from now on. :thumbsup:

and so say we all :thumbsup:

Posted 29 Jan 2011, 14:09 #9 

calibrax
Thanks everyone. It's nice to have the support! I'm very pleased to have saved my car from being broken up, and although it's cost a few quid, it's worth every single penny, just for the smile the car puts on my face and the good feeling I get when driving her. :D
Steve

2004 MG ZT+ CDTi 135

Posted 29 Jan 2011, 19:52 #10 

Dallas
Yes! well done for getting her back on the road, sounds like a great garage you have found. :clap:

Its all worth it when that smile and good feeling appears from just driving the 75, simply great! :thumbsup:

Posted 29 Jan 2011, 21:57 #11