Handbrake compensators by Arctic (Page 1 of 2)

Arctic
(Trader)
If any of the members whom are breaking a rover 75 would they like to donate the old compensator from the scrap car so i can do a modification on it and pass it on to another member whom then can send me theirs in exchange i am supplying the stainless steel shackles cheers Arctic. :hail:

modified-handbrake-compensator-fitting-t4025-20.html#p37232

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 00:47 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Great i have had a couple of replies but still need more if possible :hail: you know it makes sense :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Aug 2011, 21:52 #2 

JohnDotCom
It is strange some people have problems with these, while others seem fine for 200K + miles. :confused:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 11:56 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
JohnDotCom wrote:It is strange some people have problems with these, while others seem fine for 200K + miles. :confused:

Hi John
I think it stems from when the car is new and poor servicing many people think just adjust the handbreak at the handbreak end nut not the breake shoes by the knurled nut on each wheel thus keepign the 25mm on the thread, then the next person as the car needs to pull the handbreak even more to get the desired hold and so on. this mod should put a stop to that do you have some spare ones :confused: it's all here in this link below

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=88200
good reading thought there may have been more interest on this forum that it as got but :confused: sa-la-ve :mrgreen: as long as it achieves the out come we want it's all good Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 20:13 #4 

Last edited by Arctic on 25 Aug 2011, 21:48, edited 2 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Definitely a mod to keep in mind, should mine ever need doing. Well done for persisting, looks like it will sort quite a few people with the problem. :)

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 21:28 #5 

Bernard
Arctic wrote:
good reading thought there may have been more interest on this forum that it as got but :confused: sa-la-ve :mrgreen: as long as it achieves the out come we want it's all good Arctic

I'm certainly interested in this, just to show that it has got interest here. Maybe at a Nano-meet? 8-)

But sa-la-ve, what's that?
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 22:12 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:
Arctic wrote:

I'm certainly interested in this, just to show that it has got interest here. Maybe at a Nano-meet? 8-)

But sa-la-ve, what's that?

It's English for c'est la vie ;)

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 22:14 #7 

Bernard
Oh sorry! I'm a French speaker too, should have worked it out. :(
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 25 Aug 2011, 22:30 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
Good Morning to all i am still sticking out the begging hand for any old compensators that members have so i can build up a few modified stainless steel ones so anyone whom as change theirs recently did you keep the old one if so may i have it please. :hail:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 09:42 #9 

kandyman
Morning,

I have 2 new ones kicking around somewhere that I brought at the beginning of all this :)

if I can remember where I put them your welcome to one of them free of charge and I would be happy to pay for the other one to be modified and sent back to me :)

Thanks for your time and efforts.

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 09:54 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Andy.
Pm sent :hail: and thank you. ;) Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Aug 2011, 12:53 #11 

kandyman
I had a tidy up yesterday.

Drop me a pm with your full postal address and I'll get them sent over sometime this week.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 30 Aug 2011, 15:21 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Andy
email answered thank you Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 01 Sep 2011, 02:32 #13 

kandyman
Ok I have got the 2 new ones packed up and ready to send, I should be able get to the post office tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay but real life got in the way ;)

Posted 06 Sep 2011, 16:26 #14 

Arctic
(Trader)
kandyman wrote:Ok I have got the 2 new ones packed up and ready to send, I should be able get to the post office tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay but real life got in the way ;)

HI Andy
Does'nt all ways will get them sorted a posted back asap once received cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 08:28 #15 

kandyman
Hey Steve,

Item was posted today,

tracking number is ZW782872828GB

http://track.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po ... nid=PI0086

I only require 1 to be posted back to me, the other one is for you to keep and have ready for members to perform a swap over with.

Cheers

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 13:30 #16 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Andy
Thank you that is very nice of you and most appreciated and will help get the compensator exchange on the road Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 Sep 2011, 21:13 #17 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Andy.
Your compensator will be on its way to you in the morning if i can catch the post if not first thing Monday thank you again for sending it and the spare one managed to get 5 done today but had a very busy day indeed sorting out the MG ZT etc. cheers Arctic. :thumbsup:

Some of the tools used to do the modified compensators
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Sep 2011, 23:05 #18 

kandyman
Glad they arrived safe,

I'll let you know when my one arrives back :)

Now I just got to find someone to fit it ;)

Posted 10 Sep 2011, 14:21 #19 

kandyman
Hi Steve,

Mine arrived yesterday very well packed :)

Many thanks for doing one for me and also for taking the time to help other members.

---
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted 13 Sep 2011, 17:19 #20