Hand Brake by brummie

brummie
I am having trouble with the hand brake, as I tow a caravan I do not want to be unable to hold it on a hill, etc. I see there is a mod version which I can apply for from one of the members, if possible I would love to have if fitted by Arctic.

Posted 03 Feb 2017, 10:26 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Drop him a PM. I'm sure he will be able to accommodate you.

Posted 03 Feb 2017, 11:45 #2 

Colvert
The caravan brakes should lock on if you start roll back on a hill.

Give them a check too.

The Rover brakes need to be applied gently now and then when you are on the move. Apply them for a few seconds every couple of weeks or so. It will keep the rust off the drums and make them work much better when you need them.

Posted 03 Feb 2017, 17:27 #3 

Duncan
On the contrary, Car a van brakes will unlock if you reverse. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to reverse.

Replacing the compensator is a good idea though there are alternatives from R50 Mini that you might also consider. Steve (Arctic) is a good man to talk to.

Posted 03 Feb 2017, 22:21 #4 

Colvert
Duncan wrote:On the contrary, Car a van brakes will unlock if you reverse. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to reverse.

Replacing the compensator is a good idea though there are alternatives from R50 Mini that you might also consider. Steve (Arctic) is a good man to talk to.

If you want to reverse with my car-a-van you have to move a flap on the tow hitch to stop the brakes being applied. Otherwise they act as---Brakes. Lol

If you try to reverse without doing this the car-a-van will NOT roll backwards.

Posted 09 Feb 2017, 19:48 #5 

PaulT
After WWI they changed the system :)
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 09 Feb 2017, 21:43 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
Gordon
Got his wish I fitted the compensator for himlast weekend, he is now coming to the next nano after being informed that it would be to his benefit, as it would to any owner of a R40 or MGZT :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 10 Feb 2017, 00:19 #7 

Last edited by Arctic on 18 Jun 2017, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.

Duncan
PaulT wrote:After WWI they changed the system :)

Yep. I was only talking about modern ones with tyres and things!

Posted 11 Feb 2017, 09:32 #8 

Trebor
Message to Mick time to allow the word car - avan ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Feb 2017, 16:41 #9 

Trebor
Or are you going to punish me for by passing the caravan filter ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Feb 2017, 16:41 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Completely forgot that was still in operation. It may have to be retired. :)

Posted 11 Feb 2017, 22:05 #11 

Trebor
Good man
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 12 Feb 2017, 18:12 #12