Halfway House by Thundering Banana

Thundering Banana
There is a meet at The Halfway House, Southend Arterial Road Brentwood Essex CM13 3LL, this Sunday July 22nd. Put together by MG-Rover South. ALL cars welcome no matter what the make. 23 cars expected this Sunday. 2nd home of The Flying Banana.
Halfway House serves food, has a childrens play area, has wheelchair access. Massive car park.
Also on site is a Travelodge and a Little Chef.

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 10:45 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks for the heads up Rob.

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 11:45 #2 

Thundering Banana
Thundering Banana wrote:There is a meet at The Halfway House, Southend Arterial Road Brentwood Essex CM13 3LL, this Sunday July 22nd. Put together by MG-Rover South. ALL cars welcome no matter what the make. 23 cars expected this Sunday. 2nd home of The Flying Banana.
Halfway House serves food, has a childrens play area, has wheelchair access. Massive car park.

Quick run down on the cars attending so far are: 4 Rover 75's incl 1 Duo-tone, 4 ZT's incl 1 260SE, 1 ZTT,
3 ZS's, 4 ZR's, 2 Rover BRM's, 1 Rover 216 coupe, 1 Rover 45, 1 MG TF, 1 Rover 820 Vitesse and 1 Dodge Ram Day Van.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 07:06 #3 

Thundering Banana
Thundering Banana wrote:
Thundering Banana wrote:There is a meet at The Halfway House, Southend Arterial Road Brentwood Essex CM13 3LL, this Sunday July 22nd. Put together by MG-Rover South. ALL cars welcome no matter what the make. 23 cars expected this Sunday. 2nd home of The Flying Banana.

Quick run down on the cars attending so far are: 4 Rover 75's incl 1 Duo-tone, 4 ZT's incl 1 260SE, 1 ZTT,
3 ZS's, 4 ZR's, 2 Rover BRM's. (The first ever BRM will be there), 1 Rover 216 coupe, 1 Rover 45, 1 MG TF, 1 Rover 820 Vitesse and 1 Dodge Ram Day Van.

Just to add we've 2 more ZT's, 1 in Trophy Yellow.

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 22:28 #4 

kandyman
I think I went to one of theses when I first got a Rover about 7 years ago, think it was Ian Robertson that arranged it back then.

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 07:46 #5 

Thundering Banana
kandyman wrote:I think I went to one of theses when I first got a Rover about 7 years ago, think it was Ian Robertson that arranged it back then.

Alan Hodgson from the Rover BRM club is the driving force behind this meet. Been running 2 years now. Most cars we've had is 35 and the least 6. Only been rained on twice and cancelled once 'cos of the snow.
25 cars expected tomorrow.

Posted 21 Jul 2012, 13:00 #6 

Thundering Banana
Shameless BUMP for today's meet.

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 07:16 #7 

Thundering Banana
What a good turnout, 25 cars. The oldest 75 V6 in Wedgewood Blue turned up. Totally mint, was a press car. Another new face came with a 75 Tourer mini-cab. Alan brought the first Rover BRM to roll off of the production line. He also owns No. 73. One car travelled down from Leics, another from Cambs, yet another came up from Folkstone.
Thats what these meets are about.
Will post some pictures tomorrow on here and various other sites.

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 21:59 #8 

kandyman
Sounds like a good turn out and you had good weather.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Posted 22 Jul 2012, 22:18 #9 

Thundering Banana
Pictures posted in Gallery section. Also on 3 other sites.

Posted 23 Jul 2012, 17:00 #10 

Gate Keeper
Thanks for posting them up Bob, the stars, the cars came out a treat. It was lovely to see you again and I am glad to the Banana up and running :)

Posted 23 Jul 2012, 17:26 #11