half leather interior by jonjon77

jonjon77
l decided l wanted leather seats and as l already had the front seats l just needed to find a rear seat in sandstone for a tourer.l did a request for the seat on the internet and as luck would have it a breaker near me had them.the only problem was the middle seatbelt had been removed.so l thought it cant be that hard to swap over from my seat.l was wrong.really really wrong.after two and a half hours,one sliced thumb,two sliced fingers and lots of swearing l got the seatbelt in place only to find that it had locked up.that was the last straw if l carried on it was only going to end in violence.l needed a calm head so l popped round to see russ.in ten min he had sorted it and it was ready to go back on the seat.russ even helped me get the seat back together and in the car.so a big thankyou to russ who saved me buying a new seat.so l now have leather back seats and cloth fronts.l will deal with the fronts when time allows.after all this one thing keeps going though my head,why didnt l just buy a connoisseur to start with

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:26 #1 

takestock
Because then you would miss all the fun of the upgrades :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:33 #2 

jonjon77
if the fronts are half as bad as the rears l think that will be enough fun for me.there isnt a lot left to do now though.

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:40 #3 

takestock
jonjon77 wrote:if the fronts are half as bad as the rears l think that will be enough fun for me.there isnt a lot left to do now though.

Fronts are a piece of cake, hopefully you have the wiring in place, 4 torx bolts per seat.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 17:44 #4 

MrB
takestock wrote:
jonjon77 wrote:if the fronts are half as bad as the rears l think that will be enough fun for me.there isnt a lot left to do now though.

Fronts are a piece of cake, hopefully you have the wiring in place, 4 torx bolts per seat.

What he said :iagree:

Just hope the wiring is there, I believe in the tourer all the wiring is there for just about everything. They just used the one loom for the whole range.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 19:09 #5 

jonjon77
lve looked but there isnt any wiring for the seats in mine.l did take the loom for the other car but there is a lot of it :panic:

Posted 30 Jun 2010, 22:12 #6 

Hommer
What size are the torx bolts ?

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 15:23 #7 

jonjon77
you need a t50 bit to fit the bolts for the seat.you do need a good quality bit that fits snuggly.l bought a cheap bit and it just made a mess of the bolt because it was a slack fit.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 16:34 #8