Grrrrrrrr! Parking Ticket by DeuxGazoles

DeuxGazoles
Went to price up a little job today & the old boy said oh fetch your car down the back lane or you'll have to pay for parking, sounds fair enough, looked at the job, went in for a quick cuppa came out & there it was :mad1:
"Oh" he said "well I suppose it is permit holders only down here" :roll:
So instead of 50p for the meter it's cost me £35 :mad1: great isn't it? I've just layed out all my Christmas money on repairing the car then the windscreen cracked with the frost so nthat's another £70 for the excess & now this.....................it'll be going on the price of the job of course but I've still got to find it in the meantime :panic:

To top it all I've just gone online to pay it & it says the notice number is invalid I mean for goodness sake are they purposely making it awkward? or am I just being unreasonable?

Why oh why is it everytime I try & do someone a favour do I always end up out of pocket

Thanks for listening that is all :hissyfit:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 08 Jan 2011, 20:52 #1 

James.uk
Awwww bad luck Colin, I'd give you a hug but people would start talking ----- :em:

Posted 08 Jan 2011, 21:10 #2 

Chartermark
All part of the 'dog eat dog' world we now live in.

Inevitably on this overpopulated little Rock, sci-fi classics like 'Soylent Green', will be everyday downtown normality.

I'm glad I'm nearer the exit than when I came in ...

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 00:54 #3 

James.uk
I'm already past the "exit" but so far no one that matters seems to have noticed..*fingers crossed*. ;) :? :D

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 01:12 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I've been caught out a couple of times. I charge by the hour and most of my jobs are in London, many of them are in areas where you need a private parking permit. Once, between parking the car and getting the permit from client, only a matter of a few minutes I got a ticket. How unfair is that, it is the only way too. Other than calling the client and have them waiting on the doorstep with a permit already filled out, not very convenient.
The other time, using the same system. Finished with client with a few minutes to spare on parking permit, by the time I had packed my tool-bag and exited the building I was a couple of minutes over the permit time. You guessed it, a ticket for £40.00.
Both times resulted in a net profit of sweet Fanny Adams on the job. :(

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 11:11 #5 

DeuxGazoles
It's like they're watching you & as soon as you turn your back "Oh he's left it unattended" pounce!

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 18:19 #6 

MN190
Rented a flat in London for a long weekend break that came with an off road parking place as all around was permit parking.
Loaded the car up on the Monday off road and then when it was announced we where ready to go I moved the car to the front as we where leaving as there wasn't enough room for everyone to get in. After 10 minutes with nobody appearing went inside to collect the women walked ito the flat enquired if anyone wanted to go home and then walked back out.
IGreeted by the sight of a parking ticket in the process of being written and I was just in time to get in and move car back off road before the ticket was finished. :censored:
10 minutes later out everyone troops and then start moaning that I haven't moved the car :hissyfit:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:13 #7 

DeuxGazoles
Our estate has a load of off street parking bays allocated to those houses with no drives & I "borrowed" my mate's space & got a no tax fine on my Volvo, when I protested they appologised & said unfortunately as those "private" bays are maintained at public expense they are classed as part of the highway :mad1:

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 20:21 #8 

Dallas
Well! I hate going into any town really, you cant park anywhere without having to pay or look for all the relevant signs stating the rules. I don't mind paying for the obvious for when you go shopping etc, thats quite normal. But! when you are just visiting someone at home (family or friend) and they don't have a driveway, well then you need to go hunting up and down the streets for a parking space. :hissyfit: :panic:

You cant find anywhere without needing a permit, a few times we have actually had to park in a supermarket car park nearly half a mile down the road just to visit a friend. :hissyfit: Ridiculous.

Thank god we live in the country, don't know how you townies cope..... :D

Posted 09 Jan 2011, 21:59 #9 

starbug2
James.uk wrote:Awwww bad luck Colin, I'd give you a hug but people would start talking ----- :em:

we should all have a group hug for Colin :thumbsup: and eat a pie in his honor ;)

Posted 10 Jan 2011, 17:27 #10