Good Friday by kandyman

kandyman
Hope everyone is enjoying there day off in the sunshine :)

-------------

Good Friday was the day on which Jesus died. Good Friday is a Friday before Easter Sunday. It is a religious day on which Christians commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death. It is believed that lord died on Good Friday and resurrected on Easter Sunday. Good Friday is called so because christen believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for humanity and good of everyone.

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 09:00 #1 

RRobson
no, its not sunny here yet :lol:

whos lucky enough to have all next week off as well?
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 09:40 #2 

stevemac
kandyman wrote:Good Friday was the day on which Jesus died. Good Friday is a Friday before Easter Sunday. It is a religious day on which Christians commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death. It is believed that lord died on Good Friday and resurrected on Easter Sunday. Good Friday is called so because christen believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for humanity and good of everyone.

As The Pub Landlord (Al Murray) pointed out, you could tell Jesus was a tradesman. Disappears off for three days without any explanation!
Having a good day in the sunshine, just waiting for our new freezer to be delivered, already been off for two weeks :mrgreen: .
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 09:43 #3 

zojosc
-------------

Good Friday was the day on which Jesus died. Good Friday is a Friday before Easter Sunday. It is a religious day on which Christians commemorate the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death. It is believed that lord died on Good Friday and resurrected on Easter Sunday. Good Friday is called so because christen believe that Jesus sacrificed his life for humanity and good of everyone.[/quote]

Being of a certain age when the Christian religion was part of my upbringing, I still hold Easter as an important time of the year, even if I do not attend services as I did in the past.( and boy with some of my actions over my 58yrs I should most definately!)
I understand that with time things evolve and beliefs tend to get watered down but sadly at the same time so does the respect, love and understanding for our fellow human beings.
Religious bank holidays are now looked on as selfish indulgance days where "I "becomes the main word(pushing and shoving in supermarkets, impatience on the roads etc.
Perhaps we should take a step back and even if of no religious beliefs we should be thankfull that nature made mankind differant and we are given the feelings of love and understanding.
To all those that are forced to work on these days to keep the infastructure working, so being robbed of time with their families and to all on this Community, I wish you all a Very Happy Easter.
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 10:58 #4 

podge
The first Bank Holiday off in 5 years..........so rest???........most of the day putting front and rear windscreens in my old"toy"!!

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 20:07 #5 

DeuxGazoles
Well I spent this morning earning a crust doing back brakes on a V70 for someone & this afternoon flatting & lacquering the faded rear lights on the Colvo
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 20:16 #6 

SpongeBob
Not much chance of a rest here in retail-land :( Very tired a) because of a busy day and b) because of I went out last night with peeps from work and much alcohol was consumed ;) :gmc: Back in work tomorrow too. For those who've got the time off then enjoy yourselves - you don't get long-weekends-extended-into-a-week-maybe-more-because-of-some-royal-do! :)

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 20:38 #7 

takestock
[quote="SpongeBob"] I went out last night and much alcohol was consumed ;) quote]

you wouldn't catch me doing that :D :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 20:45 #8 

SpongeBob
takestock wrote:
SpongeBob wrote: I went out last night and much alcohol was consumed ;)

you wouldn't catch me doing that :D :gmc:

'course not, Dave. I believe you ;)

(Other's opinions may differ...) ;) :gmc:

Posted 22 Apr 2011, 20:49 #9 

PaulT
Well yesterday I got my TR7 running for the first time in about 4 years.....

Now I belong to a forum for 7s and 8s the majority of members are in the US and refer to Lucas items as rubbish - Joseph Lucas is dubbed 'Prince of Darkness'.

Now on my 7 being a UK spec vehicle it has an AC Delco distributor, i.e a US made distributor.

If you have never come across these the mechanical advance mechanism is located above the points which makes it very difficult to get to.

I tried to start the car a couple of weeks ago with no luck. Thought the points might be a problem but decided to fit electronic ignition. Fitted it with much difficulty but just turned the key and the engine roared in to life.

Now the fun will start - trying to free the clutch from where the plate has rusted to the flywheel and cover.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:05 #10 

Duncan
PaulT wrote:Now I belong to a forum for 7s and 8s the majority of members are in the US and refer to Lucas items as rubbish - Joseph Lucas is dubbed 'Prince of Darkness'.

yes, but with the ACR alternator range, a deserved reputation

Now the fun will start - trying to free the clutch from where the plate has rusted to the flywheel and cover.

Paul

A few ways to do this but this is the way I've used. Once the engine is starting and running OK, you could try starting with 1st gear engaged, and the clucth depressed. When it starts, stop it with the brakes. However I knackered the diff on my Mog doing this trick. The diff turned on the axle tubes so the prop UJ was catching on the floor underside.

Posted 23 Apr 2011, 21:24 #11 

PaulT
Duncan wrote: A few ways to do this but this is the way I've used. Once the engine is starting and running OK, you could try starting with 1st gear engaged, and the clucth depressed. When it starts, stop it with the brakes. However I knackered the diff on my Mog doing this trick. The diff turned on the axle tubes so the prop UJ was catching on the floor underside.

Thanks Duncan - I was going to try the brutal method. Hopefully the drivetrain is a bit stronger than a Mog as it is the same as the setup for the V8 version.

Hoping like mad that I do not have to drop the box.

Paul
Paul

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 13:45 #12 

takestock
Good friday was quiet, Sat night saw us at the theatre to see "Jesus Christ, Super star".
Loosly based on the actions of Judas leading up to the crucifiction of Christ, I found it quite disturbing to be honest, I had forgoton a lot of the history but the show brought a lot of it back.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Apr 2011, 19:29 #13 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:
PaulT wrote:Now I belong to a forum for 7s and 8s the majority of members are in the US and refer to Lucas items as rubbish - Joseph Lucas is dubbed 'Prince of Darkness'.

yes, but with the ACR alternator range, a deserved reputation

Paul

A few ways to do this but this is the way I've used. Once the engine is starting and running OK, you could try starting with 1st gear engaged, and the clucth depressed. When it starts, stop it with the brakes. However I knackered the diff on my Mog doing this trick. The diff turned on the axle tubes so the prop UJ was catching on the floor underside.

Well, I needed to move the Tr7 out of the garage to get something else out. The car has not moved to 5 years. Disconnected the coil so it did not fire and 'wound it out of the garage in first gear using the starter motor.

Having got the item out time to 'wind the car back in. I do not know why but I put it in reverse, dipped the clutch turned the key and the engine turned over without the car moving............hey, the clutch is not stuck. The only problem is the float on one of the carbs has become porous or the valve has a bit of crud under it as fuel was pouring out of the overflow.

Pauk
Paul

Posted 21 May 2011, 21:01 #14 

Duncan
PaulT wrote: The only problem is the float on one of the carbs has become porous or the valve has a bit of crud under it as fuel was pouring out of the overflow.

Paul

What a coincidence. I have a little Honda Genny that I am trying to revive. It wouldn't start as fuel wasn't getting into the carb. Pulled it apart and it now does the same, although it will at least start now. Float seems OK so there must be muck on the seat even though I can't see any. I suppose there might be damage to the needle tip, but it looked OK.

Struggle now is going to be to find bits and to find the correct float height setting.

Posted 22 May 2011, 09:10 #15 

Duncan
OK, found the problem with the genny, and it's probably the same problem.

The fuel wasn't drained from this unit before storage and had turned to some rather nasty powdery gungy stuff. It had blocked everything including the seat on the needle valve. Explains my floding, and the starting problem.

At least I hope it does, cleaning is still underway and it's too late to try it tonight! Hopefully will be the same problem on yours.

Posted 23 May 2011, 20:15 #16