Gone small... SORTED... by James.uk

• Related topics: (no related topics)

James.uk
.. On WinXP pro using ie7 I think -- Might be ie8 though.. :confused:

problem is....... At the top left hand side I have a link to my favorites, it normally drops a readable menu of sites I use from time to time.. But...

It has suddenly changed fonts and the new one is so small I can barely Read it.. :shock: :(

I have had a look in ---- desktop/right click/properties/appearance/advanced/and looked in the "item" box nr the bottom left as i think that's where the alteration is made from.. However, I can't find anything pertaining to it? Anyone know how i can sort his please?? :roll:

Thanks... :)

Posted 19 Nov 2010, 23:10 #1 

Last edited by James.uk on 27 Nov 2010, 03:04, edited 1 time in total.

James.uk
Bump.. Anyone?? :shock:

Just to clarify, the tab fingy in question has a lil yellow star to it's left. The word "favorite"
that I click on is immediately below the words.. "File and Edit" top left.. 8-) .. Even the word FAVORITE is now very hard to read! :shock:

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 11:45 #2 

Russ
(Trader)
In the toolbar go to Page then in the drop down menu go to Zoom change to 100% should go back to normal ;)

Russ
Full T4 diagnostics, options enabled and disabled p.m for details

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 13:57 #3 

James.uk
Thanks Russ, I couldn't find "page" on my tool bar but did find the text size and it was already set to normal.. :roll:

I have since discovered that the folders and text in Windows explorer have also gone tiny!!! :shock:

I.E. Click on the windows flag and the letter "E" on your keyboard at the same time and win explorer opens, and on mine everything in there has shrunk!!!!
... :shock: :roll:

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 15:26 #4 

kandyman
If you have a scroll wheel on you mouse try holding down the Ctrl button on the keyboard and then scroll the mouse wheel up/down to adjust the text size.

Hope that help

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 17:13 #5 

JohnDotCom
Bottom right hand corner of screen part of IE toolbar check that is on 100%
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Nov 2010, 17:15 #6 

James.uk
No scroll wheel, and the % fingy bottom right only changes the stuff on the page, not the menu's or anything in Windows explorer.. hmmm ...

I still have this nagging feeling it's under the menu that pops up when you right click on the desktop... Just can't recall where exactly.. :em: :roll:

Posted 21 Nov 2010, 02:35 #7 

SpongeBob
I think your correct in your first post James, can't remember exactly which particular item though but....

Right-click anywhere on a blank piece of desktop and select "Properties" click on the Appearance then the Advanced button. From there you have the little box with all the items pictured in it. If it's not "Menu's" it'l be something similar, maybe Toolbars or maybe (and yes, this is a long shot) the three icons in the top-right (minimise, maximise and close). Finally - if all that doesn't work you could try restoring it to it's default settings - I'm sure there's a button for that either within the "Advanced" section or in the previous section.

Hope that helps :)

Posted 22 Nov 2010, 19:17 #8 

Dallas
James! Right click on the IE 7 or 8 Blue MENU BAR (anywhere on a blue area on the bar). Drop down menu appears, now select 'customize' and select 'Use Large Icons' you most probably have small selected.

Try that buddy! :D

Posted 22 Nov 2010, 21:19 #9 

James.uk
Thanks Dallas, erm but it was already set to the correct size Icons.. :)

I think Spongebob is on the right track, hmm I will go through the entire menu and alter everything till I hit the right one.. *sighs* I may be gone for quite some time.... :roll:

It can't be an internet thing as it altered Win explorer settings as well ..... :confused:

Posted 22 Nov 2010, 23:58 #10 

zojosc
James,
Have you tried putting you glasses on? :geek: ;)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 23 Nov 2010, 06:39 #11 

James.uk
hmmmm... :whump: Cheeky mare! :lol:

Posted 23 Nov 2010, 16:01 #12 

James.uk
Right click on desktop, choose appearance tab then -advanced/item/Icon -- under icon there is another font size that actually alters the font size in windows explorer?? :confused: it also altered the size of the font in my fav drop down menu..

All sorted now, thanks for your help folks.. :thumbsup:

Posted 27 Nov 2010, 03:03 #13