God Damn Central Locking Fault by greenymick123

greenymick123
Evening all, really hoping someone out there can help, I have posted this before but got little if any response, right the problem is the Central Locking on my 2004 Rover 75cdti, nothing at all works via either remotes, sitting inside the car and operating the button next to the handbrake locks all doors, I then have to open the Drivers door manually then once out of the car, lock the door with the key, the horn then beeps once indicating a locking fault also the alarm does not set, anybody any ideas this is really getting annoying, thanks, Mick.

Posted 20 Feb 2014, 19:28 #1 

PaulT
Do not have the manual to hand but check the fuses associated with the locks.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 20 Feb 2014, 19:30 #2 

greenymick123
Been there done that, thanks.

Posted 20 Feb 2014, 19:48 #3 

PaulT
Ah, then I presume you have also sworn at it.
Paul

Posted 20 Feb 2014, 22:00 #4 

greenymick123
Just once or twice!!!!!

Posted 21 Feb 2014, 19:26 #5 

greenymick123
Can anyone here help at all??????????????????

Posted 21 Feb 2014, 19:41 #6 

Bermudan 75
Had something similar to this, culprit was the rear nearside door showing on IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) as open when it was firmly shut. A firm shutting of the door stopped the problem. Probably water in a connector somewhere or some such electrical glitch.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 21 Feb 2014, 19:53 #7 

Duncan
Well you did get a response, though maybe we didn't solve the problem for you.

I have to admit to being very busy. Sorry to inconvenience you.

Posted 26 Feb 2014, 21:22 #8 

Duncan
To be honest, there's so many possibilities, a session on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) is probably the fastest way to get to the bottom of it.

If locking the door with the key gives a mislock sound, it could be the door switch is saying the door is still open as already suggested. A very obscure one would be if a previous owner had taken the transponder chip out of the key and fastened it near the ignition switch. But none of those should prevent the keyfob unlocking the car. On the other hand I wouldn't expect a fault with the keyfobs or the receiver to cause the mislock sound when locking with the key.

Are you midlands based?

Posted 27 Feb 2014, 19:24 #9 

greenymick123
Thanks for that, got a diagnostic check tomorrow, will see what transpires.....

Posted 27 Feb 2014, 22:09 #10 

greenymick123
Garage did not manage a diagnostic today, but they have been rummaging about, got the car back, now the boot lock doesn`t open,The Remotes (both) do not operate the central locking at all, have tried a resync but nothing happens, I now have the Alarm Led flashing at me even when driving as if the alarm is set, getting rather irritated by this, these are the sort of problems that do you head in, could it be possible to be as simple as water ingress somewhere, if so i am going to start pulling the car apart......

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 18:35 #11 

PaulT
Sounds like the garage needs to sort out what they have done at no charge to you.
Paul

Posted 01 Mar 2014, 18:50 #12