Glipstone by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
Now that I have a leather interior, I would quite like to keep it looking and smelling fresh and lurrrvly. I got a leather detailing pack from merc, which although the cleaning detergent is good, the barrier/condition stuff is crap, so much so its left streaks in certain light :( Is glipstone good for most leathers and does it matter if the leather has been treated to prevent staining etc... The leathery smell is fading and I loved it getting in the car for the first time.

A lot of you guys use it, so hopefully you can advise me appropriately. Thanks guys :)

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 18:26 #1 

raistlin
I'm of the view that the conditioner doesn't work on the sealed leather we have in our cars David.

I use one of the gliptone under seat leather scented air fresheners to maintain the pong :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 18:38 #2 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:I'm of the view that the conditioner doesn't work on the sealed leather we have in our cars David.

I use one of the gliptone under seat leather scented air fresheners to maintain the pong :)

I'm not sure that the leather is sealed in my car though Paul. The conditioner I have that was part of the kit to maintain the leather, writes on about pores in the leather and allowing it to breathe. :confused:

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 21:33 #3 

raistlin
I had quite a lot of discussion about this elsewhere David and the conclusion was that the leather was sealed, hence the conditioner didn't impart a leathery smell for very long.
Paul

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 22:06 #4 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:I had quite a lot of discussion about this elsewhere David and the conclusion was that the leather was sealed, hence the conditioner didn't impart a leathery smell for very long.

I dont have the ZT anymore if you are referring to the leather in those Paul. Should have made it clear in the first post. I'm on about the merc, or is all automotive leather sealed?

Posted 30 Oct 2010, 22:42 #5 

raistlin
Monk wrote:I dont have the ZT anymore if you are referring to the leather in those Paul. Should have made it clear in the first post.

D'Oh :em: Not at all David, I just wasn't thinking - as usual.
Paul

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 09:22 #6 

Mad-Monkey
raistlin wrote:
Monk wrote:I dont have the ZT anymore if you are referring to the leather in those Paul. Should have made it clear in the first post.

D'Oh :em: Not at all David, I just wasn't thinking - as usual.

Might be worth a punt I think! I'll wait till payday and get an airfreshner too :)

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 18:02 #7 

takestock
raistlin wrote:I use one of the gliptone under seat leather scented air fresheners to maintain the pong :)

How long does the pong last Paul?
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 21:10 #8 

raistlin
takestock wrote:
raistlin wrote:I use one of the gliptone under seat leather scented air fresheners to maintain the pong :)

How long does the pong last Paul?

So far, 11 weeks and still going strong Dave.
Paul

Posted 31 Oct 2010, 22:05 #9 

empsburna
The Mercedes will also have sealed/coated leather.

Wipe them down with a damp warm microfibre cloth to give them a clean.

To get the smell you can pick up leather aroma essence, a few drops on a cotton wool pad shoved under the seat will last for several weeks.

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 15:30 #10 

Mad-Monkey
empsburna wrote:The Mercedes will also have sealed/coated leather.

Wipe them down with a damp warm microfibre cloth to give them a clean.

To get the smell you can pick up leather aroma essence, a few drops on a cotton wool pad shoved under the seat will last for several weeks.

Cheers for that! The leather cleaner I got from the dealer brought them up smashing and I used v. little so it should last a while! Will have a look at leather aroma's. :)

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 17:11 #11 

James.uk
I use plain ole fashioned saddle soap, it does what it sez on the tin.. = Keeps the leather clean, soft, and in nice condition.. If it's a nice smell yer after stop drivin like a lunatic and scarin yerself. ;) :lol: :lol:

Posted 01 Nov 2010, 18:09 #12