Anyone using GiffGaff and if so any comments

Thanks

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 28 Oct 2011, 07:50 #1 

Unclefista
My missus.
I bought her a HTC desire Z which is locked to O2.
Giff-gaff use the O2 network so she gave them a try.
They've been faultless, £10 per month for 250 cross network, unlimited texts and "truly" unlimited data.
I'm not gonna work out how much cheaper it is than my contact, I don't want to cry ;)

Big thumbs up from us.

Tony

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night, the ice-weasels come...

Posted 28 Oct 2011, 19:12 #2 

JohnDotCom
Most O2 phones are not locked....even their iPhones. (But they don't generally publish that fact) ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Oct 2011, 16:44 #3 

Unclefista
I've never come across a contract phone which is locked to a network.
I just assumed the PAYG one I bought for the missus would be unlocked too, but unfortunately not.
Still, it all turned out for the best :)

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night, the ice-weasels come...

Posted 29 Oct 2011, 17:11 #4 

Dallas
Yes! I've been looking at GiffGaff and wondered the same thing.......

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 11:17 #5 

PaulT
Thanks Unclefista - yes will give them a try especially as giffgaff to giffgaff calls are free.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 19:23 #6 

Dallas
I have just been reading up again on the GiffGaff site, where it states the word 'UNLIMITED' does make it very attractive, especially for a £10 deal. :clap:

BUT! it appears there is a 'Fair Usage Policy' that still applies for internet (20GB max), so its not unlimited is it really.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 21:37 #7 

MrB
I believe all of the mopbile phone companies have a fair usage policy on their 'unlimited' data usage.

I only use myine for emergencies really but my brother is never off his and he has an iphone 4 on the 3 network with 'unlimited' data. He has never been asked to pay any extra but I do remember him saying that there was a fair usage clause in his contract.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 23:07 #8