Getting somewhere by MrB

• Related topics: (no related topics)

MrB
Actually feel like I am now getting somewhere.

This weekend I've fitted LED (Light Emitting Diode) sidelights & number plate lights, new aircon condensor, intercooler viton rings and EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) bypass.

I've also bled the clutch, removed & cleaned the inlet manifold, removed, flushed and cleaned the washer bottle.

I've finally managed to separate the old fan from the cowling, two bolts came out fairly easily, the third had to be drilled. I was using high quality hardened drill bits bit they were making no headway. In the end the bolt go so hot hot in melted out of the cowling. :confused:

I've cut the wires to the old fan, but discovered my soldering iron is no more. Not surprised really, it's been abandoned in the garage for several years.

Don't want to just crimp it together so I'll got hold of a new iron and some new solder and get it done one evening this week.

Local mobile A/C guy coming to pressure test the A/C this week and hopefully regas and oil it. He came out to degas it before I took the old condensor off and it was empty. Can't see any obvious damage to pipes, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully at some point this week I should have it all back together :D
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 21:58 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Good show, I like to see people being busy :thumbsup:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 11 Jul 2010, 22:00 #2 

MrB
Well it is still waiting to be back in one piece, but hopefully by the end of this week I will be driving around in it.

Thought I would add a list of what I have had to do to this car since I got it mid June.

Replace broken windscreen
Replace instrument pack and T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session (cheers Russ)
Replace engine mountings - hydramount and rear centre mount
Bleed Clutch
Replace both front wheel arch liners and inspection panels
Replace outside temp sensor and associated wiring
Replace Front Drop Link
Replace cooling fan - Kenlowe 2 speed fitted
Replace A/C Condensor and O rings
Replace intercooler rings
Pressure test and re-gas Air Con
Replace 2 tyres - actually replaced 4 but only 2 needed - I like tyres to be matching pairs on each axel at the very least - 2 weren't holding air and were very low - none were the correct size 205's instead of 215's

All this on a car which passed its MOT the day before I picked it up.

As well as the above list, I have also done some cosmetic and performance stuff, as listed previously, and will continue to improve the look and drive of it as I go along.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 10:32 #3 

Last edited by MrB on 22 Jul 2010, 10:41, edited 2 times in total.

MrB
I was considering putting prices next to all the above but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Can't bare to think about the cost so far. :hissyfit: :mad1: :panic:
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 10:34 #4 

jonjon77
sounds like you are nearly there chris.its not a good idea to remind yourself about how much you have spent.l counted up what lve spent on mine and l could have bought another car.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 12:54 #5 

MrB
jonjon77 wrote:sounds like you are nearly there chris.its not a good idea to remind yourself about how much you have spent.l counted up what lve spent on mine and l could have bought another car.

:iagree: :oops: :scared:

Couldn't possibly tell SWMBO how much this money saving venture has cost me :scared:
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 13:08 #6 

jonjon77
when do you think it will be on the road?if l wasnt single l dont think ld would have got away with spending what l had,l would have been :whump: .most of it has been on spent on upgrades,things l didnt need but l just had to have.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 15:26 #7 

MrB
There have been a few of those - as well as the necessary stuff.

I am hoping it will be on the road....... Saturday.

Broke up for the summer yesterday - had a lot to do today but hoping to get some work done on it tomorrow.

A/C guy is finally coming tomorrow morning to pressure test the system, fill it and check it all out.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 18:48 #8