This weekend I've fitted LED (Light Emitting Diode) sidelights & number plate lights, new aircon condensor, intercooler viton rings and EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) bypass.
I've also bled the clutch, removed & cleaned the inlet manifold, removed, flushed and cleaned the washer bottle.
I've finally managed to separate the old fan from the cowling, two bolts came out fairly easily, the third had to be drilled. I was using high quality hardened drill bits bit they were making no headway. In the end the bolt go so hot hot in melted out of the cowling.
I've cut the wires to the old fan, but discovered my soldering iron is no more. Not surprised really, it's been abandoned in the garage for several years.
Don't want to just crimp it together so I'll got hold of a new iron and some new solder and get it done one evening this week.
Local mobile A/C guy coming to pressure test the A/C this week and hopefully regas and oil it. He came out to degas it before I took the old condensor off and it was empty. Can't see any obvious damage to pipes, so fingers crossed.
Hopefully at some point this week I should have it all back together
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass