Getting Logged Out by Dallas

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Dallas
I keep getting logged out if no activity from me for 5 or so mins, never used to happen.

Is there some setting I must change somewhere....... :roll:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 22:57 #1 

DeuxGazoles
Dallas wrote:I keep getting logged out if no activity from me for 5 or so mins, never used to happen.

Is there some setting I must change somewhere....... :roll:

Started happening to me aswell but hasn't done it tonight :confused: wondered if it was a time limit to stop me waffling :D :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 23:04 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No other reports of this phenomenon AFAIK. Can peeps let us know if this is happening regularly. No board settings have been changed recently that would cause this.

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 23:19 #3 

Dallas
Yep! its been happening for about a week with me now, got to keep logging back in everytime. :o :shock:

Posted 21 Jul 2010, 23:33 #4 

MrB
This happens to me when I'm at work if I don't select the log me in automatically each visit check box.

It has always been like this IIRC

I think it is something to do with cookies???

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 05:43 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Log me in automatically will always over ride the session time out. As you say this is set by a cookie, whereas, without choosing that option the cookie is not set and log out is performed after the set time. Which is now 30 minutes.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 09:45 #6 

MrB
Mick wrote:Log me in automatically will always over ride the session time out. As you say this is set by a cookie, whereas, without choosing that option the cookie is not set and log out is performed after the set time. Which is now 30 minutes.

Knew you'd get it sorted Mick.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 10:19 #7 

Jürgen
Every time I visit this community, I have to log in again. Even when I selected the "automatic" checkbox before. This happens since a few (?) days. Earlier on I was in immediately. I've checked the cookie config, but nothing seems to be wrong. :confused:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 16:15 #8 

Dallas
Nope! I have never use the Log me In Automatically option, I've not done anything different but still I will need to log back in. Obviously the time out option is active (but as said! I've done nothing different) only had this problem for about a week now. :rolling:

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 16:35 #9 

Jürgen
Now I've just fired up my PC at home, went straight to our forum and was still logged in. :)

But I could read just one thread in Unread posts. When I clicked on New posts, I had to log in again. :confused:

(Safari 5 on Win 7 x64)

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 17:21 #10 

SpongeBob
All observations duly noted. I don't have any explanation as to the variety and differing "logged out" situations. All I can say is, it's not just related to one person it seems.

Might be a daft question, but are all of you who are experiencing problems visiting and browsing the site with 'www' in the URL or are you browsing without the 'www'? Might not make a difference but it helps in trouble-shooting.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 17:28 #11 

Jürgen
Always with all the three W's in front, Simon.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 17:35 #12 

Jürgen
Addendum: I could not reproduce this behavior in the past few hours.

The cookie expiry time is 24 hours, isn't it? Shouldn't be there at least one cookie not expiring after 24 hours when using the Log me on automatically each visit option then?

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 19:23 #13 

SpongeBob
Jürgen wrote:Addendum: I could not reproduce this behavior in the past few hours.

The cookie expiry time is 24 hours, isn't it? Shouldn't be there at least one cookie not expiring after 24 hours when using the Log me on automatically each visit option then?

I'll have to have a delve into the depths of things to look at what cookies are being set and for what intervals but yes, in theory a non-expiring cookie should be present in order to preserve your logged-in status.

Posted 22 Jul 2010, 22:01 #14 

Dallas
Hey! Simon :) I still get logged out if I'm not active for a period, I will always need to log back in again. It will only do this if I'm using Opera Browser, if I use IE7/8, Firefox or Google Chrome I don't get the problem (all my cookies in Opera are set)........ do you have any ideas ? :D

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 21:55 #15 

JohnDotCom
I've checked and tried to get this in Safari, chrome and IE with Dodo's help but cannot replicate fault if box ticked for automatically log me in / keep me logged.
Cannot comment on Opera as don't use/have a copy.
I know Simon has been looking into this problem but seems to happen only on some peoples machines.
I know it will be looked into further but at the moment cannot find the fault/error.
We are aware and will try to resolve as time allows.
Thank you for your patience.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 23:48 #16 

Dallas
Thanks JDC :D ..........its no problem really as I can just use another browser or just log back in.... :thumbsup:

Posted 17 Nov 2010, 23:53 #17 

SpongeBob
I would surmise then that the problem may lie with Opera as all your other browsers are performing as they should. I too do not have a copy of Opera to try so I can't comment on it's inner-workings or such like. Perhaps a fresh install of it may resolve the problem?

Posted 18 Nov 2010, 12:19 #18 

Dallas
You can download it here............ http://www.opera.com/browser/

The fastest browser on Earth, its the fastest I have used and I've used them all. :panic: The only downfall which is very very strange is, I will need to log back in on this forum.

However! I never need to log back in to any other site (forum) with Opera, only this one. :? Must be something relating to this site somehow thats not compatible with Opera. All other browsers work fine with this site, but then so do others with Opera......... :hissyfit:

This can be a mission for you Simon and John....... :gmc: :D :angry:

Posted 18 Nov 2010, 21:51 #19 

Dallas
Hey! guys..... I don't seemed to be getting logged out anymore using Opera, you must of fixed the problem............... Thanks! great job..... :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Dec 2010, 23:41 #20