Fun and games with Radioguy by PaulT

PaulT
I bought a unit and it took an age to arrive - but seeing other peoples comments mine was not unique.

The navigation does not seem to work correctly:

If I try to enter Crawley I get a whole number of Crawleys appear but not the one in West Sussex (population 100,000).

Start to enter Horley (Surrey), where I moved from recently, and you input HORL and then it offers just one Horley, the one in Oxfordshire. That one has a population of 319, the one in Surrey has 194,200. Not to be outdone, enter the postcode of my old house, RH6 8LG and you input RH but, as letters disappear and reappear during input, by inputting RH all the numbers disappear.

So let's try Sutton where I used to work, this has a population of 194,200. No, a load of other Suttons but not the one I want. Try putting in the postcode of where I worked SM2 5NF and input SM and then there are no numbers.

Other large places also do not appear, hence my trusty TomTom is still in the car - not my plan when buying Radioguys unit.

There have been emails and I have checked I have the map files on the SD as Sean asked. However, I note the advert states latest maps but mine are dated 13/08/2010 - I am sure IGO have updated them since.

Three weeks ago Sean stated that he would get Mark to contact me to sort out the problem as he is not in the UK. To date, no contact.

On another thing, in setup the RDS button is not lit and clicking on it does nothing. Sean informs me that this no longer lights up as they ll have RDS yet I see in another place that he has told someone who has a new unit to check that the RDS button is lit! Carl (Carlpenn) what is the situation with your RDS button in setup?

One reply from Sean seemed to indicate that I had a s/h unit but he assures me that is not the case and that 'Eamon' who ever he is confused me with another Paul who had a s/h unit.

Perhaps I should have listened to you Jake and gone the Highline route.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 07:31 #1 

Zeb
Oh dear.....um...with my Advice hat on...demand your money back as it does not do as advertised, or demand a replacement unit. It does sound like a software issue in part but the RDS button would concern me.....

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 09:18 #2 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi Paul

I was waiting a response on the AF TA. And With that I Didn't put you in contact with Mark about the IGO8 as he is UK Based and well versed on the IGO8. Which Maps have August 2010 dates? We have Maps from February this year. We have been distributing those maps since March.

I reiterate here publicly, your unit is NOT Second hand , there is another Paul That ordered a Second hand unit and it was sent from our repair person (Eamonn) , I thought you were he in one email. Your unit was from HK Direct and It is New New New. I Dont do those things , I Sell alot of used units and clearly state at all times if it is NEw , Factory or US that refurb.

I think it would be a good idea to see your Nav card, Can you drop it in the Post, ?
We will check and if necessary update it.
Sean

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 10:26 #3 

carlpenn
Hi PaulT - My RDS Button in Settings is "Greyed" out too, if I remember right (I may be wrong) I read somewhere on the Forums that this function was removed? (Something to do with Digital Radio not needing RDS??) Don't take my word for it though, I may be wrong as I am a Tech Noob :P.

My Unit is a New one from China or HK, wherever they come from new :) I must say that I am extremely happy with mine, I have used the Sat Nav a few times, purely for fun and all seems good - The POI's are mental on there !! There is 75 Pages when I select "POI Near GPS Location" and it includes everything from Banks to Zoo's - Pretty damn impressive compared to my Tom Tom :).

In fact the only problems I have now are choosing which of the 150 "80's Hits" to play through the SD Card lol !!

I am, however, very curious as to what the "Brake" Button does lol !! (The one above the RDS button)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 12 Jun 2012, 21:26 #4 

PaulT
Thanks for the comment Carl (Zeb)

Carl (Carlpenn) I would be happy if the Sat Nav worked correctly - yes, it does come up with a large number of places but not the ones I have listed plus other places, such as Reigate and Banstead in Surrey.

The brake button, cannot remember which way it is around but in one setting, considering you have connected it correctly then anything in the DVD slot will only play if the handbrake is on. In the other setting the DVD will play whilst the handbrake is off, i.e. when the car is on the move.
Paul

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 10:38 #5 

carlpenn
PaulT wrote:Thanks for the comment Carl (Zeb)

Carl (Carlpenn) I would be happy if the Sat Nav worked correctly - yes, it does come up with a large number of places but not the ones I have listed plus other places, such as Reigate and Banstead in Surrey.

The brake button, cannot remember which way it is around but in one setting, considering you have connected it correctly then anything in the DVD slot will only play if the handbrake is on. In the other setting the DVD will play whilst the handbrake is off, i.e. when the car is on the move.

I see, nice one :) Thanks for the info PaulT
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Jun 2012, 16:50 #6 

PaulT
RadioGuy wrote:Hi Paul

I was waiting a response on the AF TA. And With that I Didn't put you in contact with Mark about the IGO8 as he is UK Based and well versed on the IGO8. Which Maps have August 2010 dates? We have Maps from February this year. We have been distributing those maps since March.

I reiterate here publicly, your unit is NOT Second hand , there is another Paul That ordered a Second hand unit and it was sent from our repair person (Eamonn) , I thought you were he in one email. Your unit was from HK Direct and It is New New New. I Dont do those things , I Sell alot of used units and clearly state at all times if it is NEw , Factory or US that refurb.

I think it would be a good idea to see your Nav card, Can you drop it in the Post, ?

Sean

Sean

I have turned things on and off without making any difference - why would it mean that some places cannot have a route planned to - I can go to Horley in Oxon which has a couple of hundred people but not Horley in Surrey which has many thousands - I have listed a number of locations in my emails to you.

I accept that the unit is not s/h but was not the one who started that line.

As I ccd you you know that I have emailed Mark and not had a reply.

Please PM where I need to send the card - all maps have ther Aug 2010 date.
Paul

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 14:27 #7 

PaulT
Well, no communication from Radioguy.

Totally and utterly fed up.

Sean statement:

A little impossible without an address - in one of my previous posts asking to be PM'd with an address. Just like Mark contacting me - I could not without his email address. After an email Sean sent me Marks email address. Sent an email to Mark copying Sean in and nothing (this was before the send it to an undisclosed address).

Hate to think what would happen if something serious went wrong with the unit.
Paul

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 18:28 #8 

carlpenn
Paul, Would copying a current sat Nav Card to yours help? If you back up your current sat nav software and pop your card to me, I will happily copy my software to your card and pop it back to you. Not sure if it is possible or permissable, just throwing a suggestion there. Also PM me the details for this horley place and I will see if my Sat Nav can locate it? I have noted that an address I am visiting today is not listed on the Sat Nav software, but will check to see when I arrive there if the Map has the Street name on it or if the Street does not exist etc. This may just be a glitch. I am still learning the ropes with the Sat Nav as I haven't used it that much ;)

Carl.
Upgrades:

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 08:44 #9 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Paul I Am Sorry, I Just Am not here that often. Please use Email,
With Email I have a record that I can follow up, its really hard on any of the forums to remember.

My email is admin@autogpsdvds.com
I noted that the last email that I received from you was on June 14th and it was a CC to mark where you refered to clairvoyance.

We are ready to help. I am Happy to either send you a card or redo yours.
But PLEASE , Email, We are manning the Emails Every Day.

Please email me your updated situation and lets get this taken care of.

We have Brand new Maps !

Please

Sean

PaulT wrote:Well, no communication from Radioguy.

Totally and utterly fed up.

Sean statement:

A little impossible without an address - in one of my previous posts asking to be PM'd with an address. Just like Mark contacting me - I could not without his email address. After an email Sean sent me Marks email address. Sent an email to Mark copying Sean in and nothing (this was before the send it to an undisclosed address).

Hate to think what would happen if something serious went wrong with the unit.

Posted 19 Jul 2012, 22:38 #10 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
Hi Paul , Email Sent last night and waiting a reply please

Lets get this wrapped up

Sean

Posted 20 Jul 2012, 12:01 #11