Front end off - look what I found by MrB (Page 1 of 2)

MrB
Have taken the front off my 75 today in preparation for a Kenlowe fan kit from Jules.

Here are a few pics of what I found

SG101086.JPG

In the above pic you can see the damage to the bottom of the inner arch liner from it coming back and fouling the front wheel on the drive home from Birmingham.

SG101087.JPG

SG101093.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 17:34 #1 

Last edited by MrB on 04 Jul 2010, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

MrB
More of what I found

SG101099.JPG

Radiator removed without having to disconnect aircon and oh dear :hissyfit:

SG101104.JPG

Guess I need a new one??

Have spoken to Jules and condensor added to order to arrive this week.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 17:39 #2 

takestock
Boy are you going to notice a difference when its all done :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:05 #3 

MrB
takestock wrote:Boy are you going to notice a difference when its all done :)

This was supposed to be saving me money. DOH! Seems every time I look at something I find something else wrong.

Am sure there will be a big difference when it's all done. Does seem a little sluggish at the moment. Once the rings have been done on the intercooler, have had the MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor) checked by Russ and his T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) and fitted the Synergy 2 (and maybe the Pierburg MAF I managed to get with it) am sure it will all seem worth it.

Am going to fit my Xenon's while the the front is off too.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:16 #4 

jonjon77
your not having much luck at the min.thats just what my condenser looked like,it fell to bits as soon as you touched it.at least you found out in time to order one.

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:34 #5 

MrB
jonjon77 wrote:your not having much luck at the min.thats just what my condenser looked like,it fell to bits as soon as you touched it.at least you found out in time to order one.

Jules was great. He said just the same as yourself and Russ. All the things I am finding are common to the 75 CDT. I would probably have to do all of these at some point, no matter what 75 I had bought.

When I've done all these repairs, replacements and upgrades I will have a great car that me and the family can enjoy.

Everybody sing "Always look on the bright side of life.... "
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:38 #6 

Last edited by MrB on 04 Jul 2010, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas
MrB wrote:

This was supposed to be saving me money. DOH! Seems every time I look at something I find something else wrong.

I get this problem when I sit in the garden and try to enjoy some rest and relaxation, the moment I sit down with a drink and look around and enjoy ones garden ......(I see something that needs cutting or something moving or painting or re-building etc etc)......

........ its blooming annoying as I end up getting up and doing it all..... :confused: :hissyfit: :gmc:

Anyway! great job you're doing there and should drive real nice when finished..... :clap:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:38 #7 

MrB
Dallas wrote:I get this problem when I sit in the garden and try to enjoy some rest and relaxation, the moment I sit down with a drink and look around and enjoy ones garden ......(I see something that needs cutting or something moving or painting or re-building etc etc)......

........ its blooming annoying as I end up getting up and doing it all..... :confused: :hissyfit: :gmc:

Anyway! great job you're doing there and should drive real nice when finished..... :clap:

Cheers Dallas.

Just looking forward to having it all done and actually using it as my daily driver.

Every job I do on it brings that day a little closer. :D
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 18:43 #8 

geesmith
HMMMMmmm ... I have the inspection panel missing on the drivers side.. I've looked for oil on the back of the passenger headlamp having seen it on another post and have found none. I hope that means I'm lucky as spare time is thin on the ground.

I wish you luck with the jobs and hope the enjoyment kicks in before too much expense. ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:04 #9 

JohnDotCom
Well at least someone hasn't smashed in your roof of car when you return to it!! :evil:

Details to follow.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:16 #10 

raistlin
JohnDotCom wrote:Well at least someone hasn't smashed in your roof of car when you return to it!! :evil:

Details to follow.

Yes. That's not the sort of grenade you throw into the conversation unnoticed John. :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:19 #11 

raistlin

Might seem a long way off but I concur with the above from Dave.

Keep yer chin up mate. You'll love it when the job is done and you'll also be confident that nothing is hiding behind the bumper to catch you out at a later date.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:21 #12 

JohnDotCom
I came back to car and a Complete new door unit (double Glazed) for office entrance got caught in the very bad wind last night and it was found with the hinge section buried in the roof section above drivers door.
Doesn't look nice and several dents and scrapes. Mellow room not helping at all!!
Photos etc to follow in new thread.
Sorry for mini hijack.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:24 #13 

James.uk
Jeeezzz John.. what happened??????? :shock:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:25 #14 

geesmith
That sort of puts things into perspective John. Pardon the Americanism but...... Biatch!!! :shock:

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 19:29 #15 

MrB
Yikes John... does indeed puts things into perspective.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 04 Jul 2010, 21:05 #16 

MrB
How do I remove the Air Conditioning Condensor??

I assume there will be some gas in there??

How do I safely let it out before disconnecting the pipes to the condensor??

Thanks in advance

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 11:27 #17 

MrB
Have been advised need to get it professionally de-gassed before attempting to remove the condensor.

Will contact a local firm to get this done.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 05 Jul 2010, 16:26 #18 

MrB
Local mobile A/C guy came round mine this evening. No gas in the system.

Makes changing the condensor easy but fingers crossed it was the site of the leak.

Have checked the usual suspects re power steering pipe rubbing the pipe just behind the radiator and that looks fine.

So here's hoping.
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 20:01 #19 

geesmith
Hopefull you're right Chris...it has to be replaced anyway...just a shame if you regas it to lose it. :?
Good luck. should be okay.

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 22:51 #20