Front end off - look what I found by MrB (Page 2 of 2)

MrB
geesmith wrote:Hopefull you're right Chris...it has to be replaced anyway...just a shame if you regas it to lose it. :?
Good luck. should be okay.

Says when refills it puts some UV stuff in so as he can look for leaks with a UV light.

He also said will be much easier to spot any leaks with all the front off as it is now.

Condensor arrived at my parents today, but am waiting on a delivery from Rimmers for some bits that hold it on. Mine was just held on by the fan cowling, nothing else.

Hopefully have it all back together by the weekend.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 06 Jul 2010, 23:21 #21 

geesmith
MrB wrote:
geesmith wrote:Hopefull you're right Chris...it has to be replaced anyway...just a shame if you regas it to lose it. :?
Good luck. should be okay.

Says when refills it puts some UV stuff in so as he can look for leaks with a UV light.

He also said will be much easier to spot any leaks with all the front off as it is now.

Condensor arrived at my parents today, but am waiting on a delivery from Rimmers for some bits that hold it on. Mine was just held on by the fan cowling, nothing else.

Hopefully have it all back together by the weekend.

Is that because they have broken or were'nt fitted?

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:24 #22 

MrB
geesmith wrote:Is that because they have broken or were'nt fitted?

The condensor has the little metal hooks held on each top corner with 2 bolts in each. Mine was simply hanging off of those.

It wasn't even positioned in the plastic slots on the edges of the front of the radiator.

Rimmers shows a bolt each side holding it in those slots and a spacer behind each side in order to keep a gap to the radiator. None of those were present with mine.

I needed the clips to hold on the undertray and a battery box lid, so I bought the lot from there.

The A/C guy said he has known the condensor to spring a leak around those bolts on the top rail that hold the hooked metal strips on.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 08:49 #23 

MrB
Just realised I never really brought this particular thread to a conclusion.

When we pressurised the system there was a leak in the thinner A/C pipe between the bulkhead and the connector on the bonnet side of the plastic cap.

Managed to get a used one off eBay, fitted it - what a horrible job.

When we re-tried pressurising the system it held.

So we re-filled it and all seems fine.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 19:18 #24 

geesmith
A satisfactory conclusion then Chris....apart from the horrible bits to get there. ;)

I'm in the same school of thought as you...always nice to close a thread with a conclusion instead of selfishly moving on and leaving things in the air.

Top marks. :D

(oops! just noticed that this dodgy old laptop missed an 'L' out of conclusion so it looked like I was suggesting closing a thread with badly spelled concussion.....only on 75ZTcommunity eh!) :rolling:

Posted 03 Sep 2010, 22:04 #25