Friends in Hants-East Dorset anyone? by James.uk

James.uk
I am going down to Poole in Dorset (From East Manchester ish) on Thursday the 27th (24th? :roll: ) of Feb 2011 and returning on Sunday the the 27th 2011.. Departure time is between 10 and 10-30am, and I will be traveling alone.. :) Not yet sure what time I will be leaving Poole on the Sunday, but probably around midday.. :)

Proposed route M60, M56, M6. B/ham M6 /M5 - M4 Bath, Warminster, Shaftsbury, Blandford, Upton or Winborne then into Poole... :)

If anyone would like a lift I will be happy to oblige. :)

As it is a long run anyway, I am not prepared to make any large detours.. Sorry.. :confused:

Edit:- Having given this more thought, (?) I could go - M6, M6 toll, Coventry area, m42 Oxford, Newbury, Winchester, Southampton, Ringwood, Poole... If that helps.. :D

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 16:02 #1 

Last edited by James.uk on 05 Feb 2011, 19:38, edited 4 times in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
I live in a bungalow James so a lift would be a little excessive from the front step up to the hallway. Thanks for the offer. :D :D :D
BTW Thursday will be 24th. :whump:

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 16:06 #2 

James.uk
OUCH! touche Mick.. So folks please read as thursday the 24th of feb, coz if I change it, then Micks comment wont make sense innit.. (so whats new? :lol: )

You could fit a lift to take ya down Mick. I know theres nothing down there, but that makes it even better innit... lol... :lol:

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 16:19 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I fancied a Stannah Stairlift powered by a V8 engine but that would require adding another story and a bleedin' staircase.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 16:22 #4 

James.uk
You could put the Stannah on the outside, be handy for maintaining the roof innit.. :lol:

And if you are gonna use v8 power then you better gear it down a lot or you will end up landing in the garden next door... innit.. :shock: :lol:

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 17:24 #5 

Cowley_MOA
Mick wrote:I fancied a Stannah Stairlift powered by a V8 engine but that would require adding another story and a bleedin' staircase.

It would be very similar to this I would think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9-yw6EgCQ
Superabit omnia virtus

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 18:45 #6 

Bernard
Yeah, I've got friends down there, I worked out of Poole, Plessey in Sopers lane to be exact, for many years.
Do I want to see them? No thanks. ;)
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 19:32 #7 

James.uk
Sopers Lane, Creekmoor? Near Fleets bridge? nvr heard of it.... :lol:

Well that leaves one unwanted seat and 2 empty seats innit... :roll: 8-)

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 19:54 #8 

James.uk
Bump.... ?

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 17:35 #9 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:Bump.... ?

Be careful, James, you've just bumped into your own thread. That's not covered by the insurance, you know. :mrgreen:

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 20:05 #10 

James.uk
Thank you for the kind reminder Jugen.. now shhhhhush up please! :whump: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but I couldn't get the two dots to go above the U :confused: perhaps you would care to try ".." :D

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 21:39 #11 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:Thank you for the kind reminder Jugen.. now shhhhhush up please! :whump: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but I couldn't get the two dots to go above the U :confused: perhaps you would care to try ".." :D

I could live with the subsequent delivery of the ".." James, but the missing "r" is not acceptable under any circumstances. :mrgreen:

So please feel free to take this :whump:

;)

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 22:14 #12 

JohnDotCom
Am I the only one getting confused by this thread?
Time for me pills I think. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 22:34 #13 

Bernard
Jürgen wrote:I could live with the subsequent delivery of the ".." James, but the missing "r" is not acceptable under any circumstances. :mrgreen:

So please feel free to take this :whump:

;)

Perhaps he just missed the 'd' from the end :gmc:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Feb 2011, 22:40 #14 

James.uk
OUCH!.. Ooeerrr. My keyboard is also affected, maybe it's continous? lmho...

The errant "r" with my compliments Jürgen.. :hail:

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 00:09 #15 

Jürgen
James.uk wrote:OUCH!.. Ooeerrr. My keyboard is also affected, maybe it's continous? lmho...

The errant "r" with my compliments Jürgen.. :hail:

Apologies accepted ;)

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 00:25 #16 

Jürgen
JohnDotCom wrote:Am I the only one getting confused by this thread?
Time for me pills I think. :lol:

There you go ... :nurse:

:gmc:

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 00:26 #17 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Have another umlaut on me ¨ :D

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 00:37 #18 

Jürgen
Mick wrote:Have another umlaut on me ¨ :D

Most appreciated, Mick. :D

Posted 07 Feb 2011, 12:33 #19