Freeview box by mark_bonsai

• Related topics: (no related topics)

mark_bonsai
Can someone recommend a good in-car Freeview box?

I'm just about to fit a Kenwood double din and can't justify another £250 for the matching Kenwood unit.
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 15:46 #1 

JohnDotCom
There is so many out there now, avoid the very cheap as basically are crap..

You have to first look at what models are available in your budget range,
with many you do get what you pay for,
they should have twin Aerial Inputs, Good capture Ratio and sensitivity, Remote control function with separate remote receiver at the front of car for changing channels.

Although it was said when the Analogue signal was turned off there would be a "big" increase in signal strength I haven't found that with only about 3db gain.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 16:33 #2 

mark_bonsai
Cheers John. I thought you'd reply as I'm sure I saw a post by you a while back "on the other side" about them.

I'm looking at about £100-120 max so the search begins. I'll keep in mind what you've said.

In the meantime, if anyone can recommend a specific one, I'd really appreciate it. :D
Re-mapped & Synergy 2 on 9. EGR bypass. De-catted. Pipercross filter & modified inlet. 18" Apex's with 235 Toyo's. ZT190 big brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harmon Kardon speakers & sub. Kenwood DNX7200 double din, amp & Phatbox. Fully chromed front grill.

Posted 12 Jul 2010, 20:17 #3 

jimbo
Hi Mark.

I was recommended this one:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3D1&_rdc=1

would have tried it myself but as you know I'm going to go the BMW upgrade route.

Regards

Jim
jimbo

Posted 23 Jul 2010, 09:48 #4 

RadioGuy
(Trader)
mark_bonsai wrote:Cheers John. I thought you'd reply as I'm sure I saw a post by you a while back "on the other side" about them.

I'm looking at about £100-120 max so the search begins. I'll keep in mind what you've said.

In the meantime, if anyone can recommend a specific one, I'd really appreciate it. :D

Hey Mark I can Help, Did you want MPEG-2 or MPEG2/4 ?

You need to be certain to get a very good aerial as well.

RG

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 00:21 #5